For you Unifi guys

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

O

i have 80Mb/s line at home. with IPS enabled and DPI it drops to about 70Mb/s 

which USG?  And do you see any issues w/ DPI with IPS enabled?

Guest asrequested

Odd though, if I test in the app instead of the browser, I get very different results.

5a89fa7a70696_Snapshot_447.jpg

UPDATE: Changed server, and...

5a89fb436f062_Snapshot_448.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Aaaawww, but see, now I want the Application server XG [emoji3]

https://store.ubnt.com/collections/routing-switching/products/unifi-application-server

That is a cool looking application server. The Xeon CPU is circa 2015 (https://ark.intel.com/products/91202?ui=BIG).

My plan is to pickup a 3U rack server from PLINKUSA (http://www.plinkusa.net/webG3370S.htm). If I build the server off of a microATX motherboard i can fit a total of Then my plan is 10 drives and at least 1 M.2 drive for OS drives. I am still on the fence as far as Intel or AMD CPU. I am also holding off to see what the prices are on the next version of DDR or if the current version of CPUs drop in price to offset the cost of DDR 4. my plan is to stack the server with 32GB of RAM. my hope is to set the server up as an ESXi VM host. All in, I expect it to cost me in the $1K range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

Guest asrequested

That sounds pretty cool. But the reason I switched to Unifi was because of the unification. I like being able to look at my network with one UI. $2000 is a bit pricey, though....but I want it lol.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

That sounds pretty cool. But the reason I switched to Unifi was because of the unification. I like being able to look at me network with one UI. $2000 is a bit pricey, though....but I want it lol.

I really just wish they would release the Application host software.  then you could put it on whatever you want. 

Guest asrequested

Does their IPS featureset offer a whitelist?

Unfortunately no. It's still in beta, so they may add that, later.

It is like the big I is the worst neighborhood on the planet and we are all running around there in a pink jumpsuit. These security measures allow us to walk the streets with guard dogs.

mastrmind11

Lol...that's one way to put it. I don't look good in pink :D

I thought that once.  But it definitely brings out the eye color :)

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Hey, check this out. The IPS thingy, blocked an attack on my emby server.

IPS Alert 2: Misc Attack. Signature ET DROP Spamhaus DROP Listed Traffic Inbound group 33. From: 212.92.127.8:48334, to: 192.168.1.168:8096, protocol: TCP, in interface: eth0