Where is the record series button?

mbc0

I have just set up Emby for Live TV with TVHProxy running on an Ubuntu VM with TVHeadend running as a docker on my unRAID server and all is playing well! I can record/watch anything but cannot find any way to record a series?

Any pointers?

Cheers

How does Emby mark as series? this is what I see.. compared to the other screenshots of Plex & TVHeadend which both detect the same programmes as a series?

59df81b782429_series1.jpg

59df81c4864e8_series1.jpg

59df81cf77a01_series3.jpg

59df81dea5da2_series4.jpg

59df825dca29d_series2.jpg

Edited by mbc0

In this case since you're using TVHeadEnd, the plugin has to mark the programs as being part of a series and I'm guessing it's not doing that.

What kind of tuner are you using?

• Like 1

Ok i would check with @@Tolotos and send him a message but what i think is happening is that the tvheadend plugin is not marking the programs as being part of a series.

im85288

I’m noticing the same as I attempt to switch to Emby for recording, do you have any pointers of where to look in the code for this Luke? I’m happy to play about if @@Tolotos is busy.

A couple of other little improvements I think would help too is when you press record it should tell you where the recording will be added (default to the tvshows library - but offer selecting the movies library or a custom location). I tried it earlier on and I have no idea where the recording will end up (I guess there’s somewhere to define a recording folder but I didn’t find that and would prefer the simplicity of knowing my recordings will end up in my library as any other tvshow/movie would)

im85288

To test out the theory I added my hdhomerun tuner directly and did a trial with schedules direct...the difference is their straight away for example:

This shows both HDHomerun and TVHeadend (as can be seen on the top row it correctly identifies them as episodes, but tvheadend lists them as programs)

eQtBUq5.jpg

This is from HDHomerun with schedules direct

zU3FM5i.jpg

This is from the TVHeadEnd live tv service

BEj88TJ.png

im85288

Luke/ebr - I think it would be good to take a leaf out of the simplicity and flexibility of recording offered by Plex.

In the screenshot below you can see it offers you a suggestion of which "Library" you want to add the recording too...it also shows the location.

F86erSB.png

For me at least this gives me confidence of where my recording will end up. With Emby I found it confusing that I needed to search around in the server settings and even after doing that I am no 100% where the recording is going to after filling in the movies/series optional paths under Live TV Settings.