Episode has empty path?

joshuaavalon

joshuaavalon

I am trying to develop a plugin. I encounter an NullReferenceException in my code.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.IsEnabledForPath (System.String path) [0x0000a] in <3b153e3701214cb7bba0ce34ae8828eb>:0 
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetDirectoryName (System.String path) [0x00000] in <3b153e3701214cb7bba0ce34ae8828eb>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.get_ContainingFolderPath () [0x0001a] in <d575e0bae0a34f14bdbdffbac62641bc>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Video.get_ContainingFolderPath () [0x0003a] in <d575e0bae0a34f14bdbdffbac62641bc>:0 

After I try to log some of my code, I found out that an Episode (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Episode) has an empty path and accessing the ContainingFolderPath caused the error. How is it possible to have an episode item with empty path? 

joshuaavalon

Could it be Upcoming episodes?

I don't think so. Would you get upcoming episode from ICustomMetadataProvider? Also, I disable all metadata downloader and scan again. The problem still appear.

joshuaavalon

so you're saying this is a media item that's been removed from your library?

No, this is not a removed item. This is a test environment that I build.  It is inside a Window 7 host -> Ubuntu 16.04 LTE VM -> Docker. Here is my folder structure from Plex.

/media
	/show
		backgound.jpg
		banner.jpg
		poster.jpg
		tvshow.xml
		/Season 01
			show - s01e01.jpg
			show - s01e01.mp4
			show - s01e01.xml

After my first scan, Emby generate .nfo files. Then, I disable nfo saver and do some development. I discovered the problem and disable all metadata downloader. I tried to rescan ll the metadata but they still persist. I removed the library and metadata still persist. I found out that I left out .nfo files from my first scan (the files does not change thought) may be the issue. I remove all of them and the problem is solved.

Edited by joshuaavalon