"Recordings" always empty in Live TV?

Marc_G

Did you configure a recording path in live tv settings?

Default is blank, movies and TV set to appropriate library paths, same as when I played with this a month or two ago. At that time, setting something into the default screwed up the TV recording path so I cleared it out again.

Guest asrequested

If you are using a folder that you chose, you need to put that in the 'series recording path'. Here's mine

5a11f44dbb9dc_Snapshot_307.jpg

Edited by Doofus

If you are using a folder that you chose, you need to put that in the 'series recording path'. Here's mine

5a11f44dbb9dc_Snapshot_307.jpg

Right. My series recording path is set similarly and things get where they need to go. But recordings tab is always blank.

Guest asrequested

I never use the recordings section, I'll have to look. I just go to the library. Everything is there. I would imagine recordings will only show new recordings.

I use the library too. My post is just too point out that something funky is going on since Recordings is always empty, at least in the case where the optional Movies and TV Series recording paths are used instead of the default recording path.

I use the library too. My post is just too point out that something funky is going on since Recordings is always empty, at least in the case where the optional Movies and TV Series recording paths are used instead of the default recording path.

I think you are probably onto something there, thanks.

• Like 1

I will try again adding a default path when I get home, prior to a recording that starts around 8 pm. Last time I did this, it interfered with recordings going into proper season folders, and that problem cleared as soon as I wiped the default recording path. But maybe that no longer happens. We will see soon!

Guest asrequested

I just looked at my recordings section, and mine is populated, correctly. I rebuilt my server over the weekend. So everything is fresh.

kanipek

I know you just rebuilt your server so this is probably not the cause - Any possiblity there is a ".ignore" file in your recording folders? This was what my issue was - put it there so Emby didn't sync that folder to Kodi back when I was still using Kodi.

OK, I've added a default path. I made a new folder called "EmbyTemp" and plugged it into the default path, not changing the movies and TV paths. Here are the current settings:

5a1375d48263c_TestLiveTVPaths.jpg

In twenty minutes a recording will start. After it's done I'll report the results.  What happened a month or two when I did something similar was that recordings were put in the main series folder, instead of the season folder. So, for example, if recordings of The Simpsons were supposed to go here:

\\HTSERVER\LiveTVSeries\The Simpsons\Season 29

Instead they started going here:

\\HTSERVER\LiveTVSeries\The Simpsons\

This happened to multiple different TV series, each suddenly ignoring it's season folders. No effect on the empty "Recordings" tab. Wiping out the entry under default recording path restored normal function.

We shall see!

My recording occurred and the resulting file was properly located in the appropriate \\LiveTVSeries\<seriesname>\<season#>\ pathway. No problem.

"Recordings" tab still blank.

Hey, one other question. The recording tonight took up about half of the usual space. It was 66 minutes long; usually this would equate to 6 GB, more or less. Instead, it was just over 3 GB.  I skipped through the recording quickly and it seems to be intact, just taking up less space. It's still in the usual .ts format (I don't have it set to convert to streaming-friendly MKV).  Any idea what's up? My recording of SNL from last Saturday was the normal file size (~9GB for 96 minutes). I wonder if my updated installation is talking differently to the HDHomeRun and maybe getting a more compressed stream or something?

• 2 months later...

Yea this is the challenge with having a lot of settings here. It creates the risk of some scenarios that are hard to trace down.

I think ultimately the best solution is dropping the Recordings tab altogether from the Live TV section and having you browse recordings using the regular library browsing functions.

• Like 1

Yea this is the challenge with having a lot of settings here. It creates the risk of some scenarios that are hard to trace down.

I think ultimately the best solution is dropping the Recordings tab altogether from the Live TV section and having you browse recordings using the regular library browsing functions.

Would still like a recording history summary including status, channel/tuner used, etc. Including recordings attempted that failed or were truncated.

I always appreciate your help and feedback Luke. Thank you!

Guest asrequested

But we'd still need a way to view/adjust scheduled records.

Guest asrequested

That's the direction I was suggesting. An easy fix. Just wanted to bring attention to it :)

And I agree with the choice to drop the recordings tab. A library is created, automatically. I think the tab is redundant. I never use it.

That's the direction I was suggesting. An easy fix. Just wanted to bring attention to it :)

And I agree with the choice to drop the recordings tab. A library is created, automatically. I think the tab is redundant. I never use it.

This works for me!

@@denz opinion? then the ui features you've been asking for to look more like WMC could just be added to the regular browsing views which would make them available for use in all libraries.

I rearly use the library outside live tv the only time i venture there is when i delete something that is until that bug is fixed. I watch my recordings in order of recording mostly and delete. To me the library outside live tv is of no use since now there are filters in wmc you have filteres sort by title and this view is much like the recordings outside live tv but that view is never used i like to see what i recorded and i just want it to be in horizontal view. Don't like the vertical views at all on tv.