"Recordings" always empty in Live TV?

Marc_G

Hi folks,

On the Emby web interface, the "Recordings" section is always empty. This, despite plenty of recent successfully recorded shows. 

Why?

post-489-0-67442000-1507774323_thumb.jpg

The recordings show up just fine in my Recorded Series library.

Maybe I misunderstand what's supposed to be in "Recordings" or maybe I've got something improperly configured?

Just a curiosity, not a problem. Interested in any feedback. Thanks

Marc

Did you move your recordings after they recorded?

Nope. They are recorded into a Live TV Series folder. I don't move them.

maegibbons

So what folder do you have set in Live TV > Settings for your "Default Recording path" and do you specify anything different for series and movies?

Screen shot would be good.

Krs

Mark

So what folder do you have set in Live TV > Settings for your "Default Recording path" and do you specify anything different for series and movies?

Screen shot would be good.

Krs

Mark

Will post shots when I get home tonight. Thanks for the reply. In short, I have two folders for live TV recordings, one for movies and one for series. I believe they are the default ones when I set up the server last Xmas.

Probably something simple that I need to tweak.

[emoji3]

OK here is the settings screenshot for Live TV:

59e0b5d8c0ba5_LiveTVrecordsettings.jpg

It's true, I don't record any movies at all with Emby; I use it only for TV series. Maybe the "Recordings" tab is looking only in the location where movies would be recorded (which is empty), and not in the path for the TV series.

Any thoughts appreciated; if any more settings screen shots would help sort this out, just let me know.

EDIT: Looking at this again, maybe I need to set the default recording path to be same as my TV Series path? Since I was explicit in the Movies and Series paths, it didn't seem like I needed to set the default path. I would expect the behavior for the recordings tab to be to look at the default path + the movies path + the series path. Maybe this isn't happening?

Marc

Edited by Marc_G

Default recording path set, saved, verified.

No change in what's shown in the web interface \ LiveTV \ Recordings.

To be clear, this is a minor quibble... I don't usually use the web interface to watch stuff. However, we don't (yet) seem to have a "Recording Event History" page in the web interface and I thought this might serve that purpose in an offhand way. I CAN go into my LiveTV Series library and see if XX recorded, as evidenced by its presence (or absence). Just thought Recordings might be a bit of a clearing house, and the fact that it's not populated strikes me as odd and reportable. Certainly not a huge deal or anything.

I'm happy to try any changes or show any relevant settings to further troubleshoot.

Marc

I got a note from Luke that seems to have disappeared, to the effect of "Check the recordings library in emby library setup and see what path it is mapped to."

There are two libraries, Recorded Movies and Recorded Series. They are mapped to Live TV Series and Live TV Movies directories as shown in the picture posted before.

The changes I made to the default recording path have screwed things up.

Last night SNL was recorded (yea), but it went into a different folder. The expected folder would have been:

\\HTSERVER\LiveTVSeries\Saturday Night Live\Season 43\

Instead, it created a new "series" folder within LiveTVSeries and stuck it in there:

\\HTSERVER\LiveTVSeries\Series\Saturday Night Live\Season 43

The messed up thing is that in Emby Theater this recording isn't considered part of Saturday Nigh Live, but instead is "Batman: The Animated Series" and is shown with weird japanese poster art.  I'll grab a screen capture and post log as soon as I can. I'm working on a laptop that's having trouble loading ET to grab a capture.

Weird. It was all fine until I messed with the default recording path chasing down a minor issue in "blank recording tabs." 

Is this like that movie "All restaurants are taco bell" ?

All TV is now Batman.  And Batman returns is funny!!

I'm headed out for a couple hours but will be back and dig into this.

Interestingly, the "Recordings" tab is still blank...

So, I manually moved last night's recording of SNL into the expected folder for it. Then I went in and deleted the default recording path (and accepted the OK when it warned me things wouldn't be moved automatically).

Emby quickly recognized the moved SNL; I completely deleted the "series" folder that was created within my live TV series folder.

At the moment, Emby still think there's a "Batman The Animated Series" thing, but it knows there are no episodes and shows blank art. Not sure why it hasn't completely gone away. How do I get it to forget about it?

Meanwhile we will see if Simpsons records properly tonight.

Are you just not running library scans?

Scheduled task... Kicks off daily I think. Whatever is default. And Emby is always monitoring for new stuff.

• 1 month later...

OK, coming back to this.

Please note that yesterday I've completely removed Emby, and reinstalled it from the ground up with the latest server, re-entered Live TV info, and so on. I have one path/library for recorded movies and a separate one for series, just as before.

"Recordings" is still blank, despite successful recording last night of Saturday Night Live. What is this "Recordings" tab supposed to include? I would I expect it to include a list of the shows Emby has recorded. But I've never seen anything there.

What is it supposed to do, and why is it blank for me when I have lots of previously recorded and upcoming scheduled recordings?