Album/Folder Level Playback/Resume for Audiobooks

Chyron

1 hour ago, negativzeroe said:

@Luke the audio plays well now without skipping halfway through or ten tracks down. Now we just need some way to resume. Even halfway through the track it doesn't show up on Continue Listening anymore.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

negativzeroe
On 8/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, negativzeroe said:

@Luke

Also adding to playlist does by title not track #.

Screenshot_20200813-173634.jpg

Reporting in from 3.1.30.

I noticed the alpha-sort is wrong on the web too so that is an add to playlist issue, not necessarily the android app.

Still not seeing any way to resume short of saving to a playlist (and having to sort it) and resuming from that screen. However it does show that there is progress from the playlist view, just not album view.

image.thumb.png.e57a54d4a3f8cadd38d361f97ad55125.png

Chyron
On 8/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, negativzeroe said:

@Luke

Also adding to playlist does by title not track #.

43 minutes ago, negativzeroe said:

Reporting in from 3.1.30.

I noticed the alpha-sort is wrong on the web too so that is an add to playlist issue, not necessarily the android app.

What??

I added my Fellowship of the Ring audiobook to a playlist, and it alphabetized just fine. (see below.) I would hazard a guess that it is sorting alphanumerically by filename, and that your filenames do not include a track number.

image.thumb.png.20712f52ee077c41a982bb24f1451b69.png

image.png.d8f696a5333fc8dd0173b43e4a72cb02.png

image.png.f168fe2d49a471f2e8d975fd0fbdd924.png

Edited by Chyron
  • Like 1

Chyron

I notice that your "Prologue" file for A Memory of Light is missing a space between the album title and the first hyphen.

image.png.165d7182ff72296877ada864a3c5a511.png

Is it possible there is something wrong with the naming and/or tagging of that particular file?

Edited by Chyron

negativzeroe
7 minutes ago, Chyron said:

I notice that your "Prologue" file for A Memory of Light is missing a space between the album title and the first hyphen.

image.png.165d7182ff72296877ada864a3c5a511.png

Is it possible there is something wrong with the naming and/or tagging of that particular file?

Yes I noticed that as well and it did not resolve. For the screenshot of peace talks I had to drag Dedication from the bottom. Metadata is correct as well.

Chyron

Not to be rude, but this forum is for feature requests.

What you're discussing now is a possible bug, and then one related to Playlists not audiobooks. You'd probably have better luck starting a separate thread for it in one of the "Emby Server" subforums.

Edited by Chyron

negativzeroe
7 minutes ago, Chyron said:

Not to be rude, but this forum is for feature requests.

What you're discussing now is a possible bug, and then one related to Playlists not audiobooks. You'd probably have better luck starting a separate thread for it in one of the "Emby Server" subforums.

True. I'll have to collect some logs later.

Chyron

@ebr @Luke

image.png.170cb99f0b6cb1fd06d1eda1e7ed4368.png

After reading negativezeroe's post about putting an audiobook in a playlist, I tried that. I imported an audiobook into a playlist, and you know... it worked fine. Sure, there are problems. The album/playlist doesn't show how much progress there is; there is no "Listened" check-mark toggle on Android (mobile?); It is too easy to reorder chapters/tracks in Android (mobile?); and the Continue Listening function is still useless.

And yet, the app shows which tracks were marked as Listened, the current track has a progress indicator under its artwork, and when you click a track it queues the whole playlist. So it works. It's janky, it's ugly, and it adds the step of adding book albums to a playlist, but it works.

I'm going to keep bugging you guys to properly implement this. I literally have listened to 182 of (a current) 341 audiobooks on my media server. Last listened to Roots, and then Mark of Zorro; now listening to Hell Divers. So I really do listen to books all the time. Yeah, I'm going to keep bringing this feature request up. 

image.png.6afb933d4294294eefb45696696f56ba.png

Edited by Chyron
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

audiobooks in one part m4b is usable ... but a sleeptimer is a must have... and the cast to sonos or what ever over dlna is what i would like (playbackresume)

after all features implemented we need a manual and instruction

Edited by mxmh

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Chyron said:

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG.

And released ON MY BIRTHDAY even.

Please create new feature request topics for continued audio book improvement and we'll be happy to look at them.