Curious

tdiguy

tdiguy

I am curious on a couple things here maybe someone here knows. Remember those all in one intel atom motherboards? Normally in a micro itx ( i think that was the form factor wicked small like the size of a large dictionary ) Does anyone know how one of those would compare to a pi3 when it comes to running emby?

I am also curious how many other people like me are running emby server on a pi3?

I would also like to manipulate the code emby uses for ffmpeg to have it use libmp3lame or libfdk_aac audio encoders i would like to see how this works on my pi for transcoding live tv. For me it is almost smooth but not quite there, ffmpeg can rip along converting a .ts file to a mp4 file at 5x speed if i have it skip the audio ( using hardware acceleration for mpeg2 and mp4 ) but using the default audio encoder slows things down to .6 speed.

I think its possible to have smooth streaming transcoded live tv by using a different codec.

Criticism and thoughts alike are welcome. If i am crazy or asking too much let me know and please explain why :)