Sign in without internet connectivity?

hyperasus

hyperasus

My internet goes down often. When I open the EMBY app on Apple TV it just gets stuck with a blank page. When my internet is down is when I need Emby to work the most. Is there any way around this? What’s the point of having my own emby server if I cannot access it without internet connectivity?

The reason the app currently requires this is because it is built using Apple's cloud hosted Apple TV app option. If it helps, other emby apps do not have this requirement.

hyperasus

I have also noticed that any devices that have not purchased the emby app,(iOS, android and such), will not play content when the internet is down on the emby server. The devices can browse the server but not play movies. Is there a way to make the emby premier license on the server continue to work for 30 days or so without internet connectivity. Having emby go down with the internet is a big deal breaker for me.

Currently once it is validated it will work for up to 7 days without a connection.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve this and will continue to do so.

No because playback in the app is free. The upcoming live TV feature will have an in app purchase but basic media playback is free.

At the moment the app requires an internet connection, but we are exploring possible improvements for a future update. Thanks.