Collections not available

mellomade

mellomade

It's there,just have to make the change from the web interface, specific to the user.

Your comment makes no sense.  Collections are no where to be found in the ATV app.

jrodrigues

Your comment makes no sense.  Collections are no where to be found in the ATV app.

Then why are collections showing just fine on my Apple TV? Go to the web dashboard. Select "Library", select "Display" on the top, the. Select "Display a Collections View to show movie collections". Ow, who doesn't make sense, and confirm again that collections are no where to be found. Perhaps a little looking and working in the settings, rather than attacking someone try to help would go a long way.

post-247636-0-36632200-1507493555_thumb.png

Hi.  The Collections view is supported in the app but it does need to be enabled on the server.  Library->Display->Display a Collections View...

Please let us know if this answers your question.

mellomade

My apologies to you guys for the vague first question.  I understand that the functionality of collections is available by enabling the view in 'My Media'.  Specifically what would be nice is if when you drill down into Movies, Collections appears in the top text menu rather than having it show up as a menu option on the app home page.  This would be more in line with how the web interface works and I prefer to keep the 'My Media' entries specific to my library content to keep the home page uncluttered.

I use collections in a kind of obtuse way because I am not a fan of how parental controls are managed.  Essentially for my kids account - I have the main movie node point directly to collections in order to provide a specific list of approved content.  Filtering kids content by rating is spotty at best and unfortunately tags only exclude content rather than include so labeling everything not kid friendly is too much to keep track of.

Off topic I guess - but if you know a better way to define a specific list of content and then have a particular user account only point to this list that would be great.  Or maybe the better way to address this is to put a FR in for using tags to include content in the parental controls.

adrianwi

I used Smart Playlists in Plex to do this, creating them for specific ratings (e.g. U, PG).  I know the team have said Smart Playlists are on the future radar.