Added new media folders for TV shows, no seasons folders show, only episodes

davesurfer
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

davesurfer

So I added a few archived TV folders to the library and when going into them in Emby for WMC, it just lists the episodes from all the seasons of that show, instead of showing the season folders. For example, when I go into Law & Order SVU folder, it shows 409 episodes in a giant list. I just want it to show the Seasons folders like how I have the other TV shows set up. I've seen this before and forgot how to change the view settings or something. Please help thanks!

Isn't there a setting for this in Emby for WMC? That should be the only way this can happen. Everything looks normal in the web app, right?

• Solution

Yes, there is a setting in the config pages (under the Chocolate settings).  "Use custom Series View" or something like that...

• Like 1

davesurfer

Yes, there is a setting in the config pages (under the Chocolate settings).  "Use custom Series View" or something like that...

I think you're thinking of "Use Legacy Folder Browsing", which is actually a global setting, not just for one folder. You see, all the other folders with TV shows are fine, just the new one I added does this. I thought there was a local setting or view setting for that folder.

davesurfer

Isn't there a setting for this in Emby for WMC? That should be the only way this can happen. Everything looks normal in the web app, right?

I can't find it in the web app, the web app just has "Latest TV" "Latest Movies" etc. When I search for the show it doesn't come up. I don't really use the web app much.

davesurfer

So I went to the Dashboard and looked at the Metadata Manager, the new folder I added "Archived II" has an extra gray icon beside it, whereas the other's don't. I'm assuming the Yellow one is something about it being a folder. I did see the gray icon beside other TV shows though. Regardless, I think the trick is to prevent it from being seen as a TV show or season, but just to be seen as a folder.

59d8439736107_Clip_8.jpg

Edited by davesurfer

I can't find it in the web app, the web app just has "Latest TV" "Latest Movies" etc. When I search for the show it doesn't come up. I don't really use the web app much.

Have you tried just clicking on your TV library and browsing the library? It's on the home screen of the web app. Thanks.

davesurfer

Have you tried just clicking on your TV library and browsing the library? It's on the home screen of the web app. Thanks.

Oh ok, the 3 lines on the top left, yes, I didn't try that before. Ok, it shows all the shows now, so it does show the show, but just like Emby for WMC, the web app shows all the episodes on one page, no Seasons. Just a big list of 409 episodes lol.

59d8451f49a88_Clip_9.jpg

it looks like you are using a non-standard folder structure and it has detected "Archive II" as your Series and "Law & Order Special Victims Unit" as your Season folder.

Can you show us what the folder structure looks like and how you have set it up in Emby? Thanks.

davesurfer

it looks like you are using a non-standard folder structure and it has detected "Archive II" as your Series and "Law & Order Special Victims Unit" as your Season folder.

Can you show us what the folder structure looks like and how you have set it up in Emby? Thanks.

Well I organize by file folders, because that works best for the Emby for WMC that I've seen. I have multiple folders for the TV library, because they span multiple hard drives, but to make it less confusing, I have a folder called TV, in that folder I have the TV show folders, like Doctor Who, Supergirl etc. In those folders I have the seasons, like Season 1, Season 2 etc. All the shows I'm currently watching are in the TV folder, all the ones that I'm not watching I put into the Archived folder. Because that got too big on one hard drive, I had to create an Archived II folder on another hard drive.

Now that I'm thinking about it. I might just create another media library in Emby and call it Archived TV, that way it might work better, because I'll just pick the folders for this and they won't be subfolders of the TV folder.

davesurfer

That would work better, yes.

Ha yeah I did it that way and it works real good, don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. 

I think you're thinking of "Use Legacy Folder Browsing", which is actually a global setting, not just for one folder. You see, all the other folders with TV shows are fine, just the new one I added does this. I thought there was a local setting or view setting for that folder.

No, I wasn't referring to that setting.  There is a setting for a specialized TV series view that shows all seasons and episodes on one screen.  However, that doesn't appear to been the answer to this particular question.