Two questions

fbrassin

fbrassin

Hello,

i have two stupid questions.

1) if i have two servers when i am in emby home screen, is there a way to see which server i am in? i mean without exit the screen?

2) is there a way, when opening emby to go automatically in the screen where you choose user, so who is using emby can go directly in his accout?

Tnx

corey

Hi —

1) That’s definitely something we can do and I think it comes down to doing it in a way that looks nice and clean. I’ll defer to @@ebr on that one.

2) If you’ve already signed into a server, and have not set a user to login automatically, then it should behave exactly like you’re suggesting. Can you describe what behavior you’re seeing now and your setup?

fbrassin

OK, now i understand what happens.

When, for the first time, i run emby app, i'm asked server. Then i'm asked user as it should.

The problem is that if i return to ATV home and restart emby, it doesn't restart really, but just return on where i was before pressing home button.

This is because it works in background. 

There should be something that force emby start asking user in my opinion each time i run it.

Maybe giving a sleep time after which it is asked user when you run emby again.

OK, now i understand what happens.

When, for the first time, i run emby app, i'm asked server. Then i'm asked user as it should.

The problem is that if i return to ATV home and restart emby, it doesn't restart really, but just return on where i was before pressing home button.

This is because it works in background. 

There should be something that force emby start asking user in my opinion each time i run it.

Maybe giving a sleep time after which it is asked user when you run emby again.

Correct.  Apps on the Apple TV work just like your phone.  They don't actually close unless you forcibly close them or the system decides it needs the resources.

We will probably introduce an auto logoff setting like we have in the Android TV app at some point.