No channels Loading on a Emby linux server

Volfan6415

Volfan6415

Ok so i have setup a new server on a linux VM (trying to migrate my server over from a windows machine to a dedicated emby VM)

I have the serverwmc plugin running on the windows server.  But when i add the plugin to the linux server the guide refresh fails. 

I have included both the logs from EMBY and the serverwmc app running on my media center pc.

I have setup the mount point for the recordedTV share and the plugin does not through any errors about being unable to connect to serverwmc?

This is a fresh install of emby and ubuntu server.

Log.txt

ServerWMC_Service.log

Edited by Volfan6415

Since you have an hd homerun tuner i would strongly suggest setting this up without the plugin.

There are a whole bunch of smb errors in the server log, there must be an smb path configured somewhere but the linux server doesn't have access to it. This shouldn't cause channels to not show up, but in this case, maybe it is and that will need research. You can reduce the number of variables you're up against by using the native support and uninstalling any tv plugins.

Volfan6415

So the reason i want to be able to use the ServerWMC app is that i do still actively use WMC on my HTPC and I want to be able to watch the content that is recorded on that PC as well as manage the recordings through EMBY.  I have been utilizing it in this fashion for awhile now with the windows server.

But i do use schedules direct for guide data so i guess  i could setup the integrated tuner support.  Last i remember there was not a clean method to merge channels between the different tuners (cable vs antenna).  Is this still the case?

I don't have a test setup for the multiple cable sources but @@jasonmcroy can comment on that.

In the meantime I already gave you a clue if you still want to go the server wmc route. Have you explored that?

krustyreturns

According to the log you posted swmc is communicating fine to emby over the socket connection, I don't see any problem there.  I don't know why your guide isn't loading since swmc is sending both the channels and the guide data to emby.  The recorded tv folder not being accessible does not effect this on the serverwmc side.

As already mentioned, the rec tv folder is not accessible by emby, so that linux mount point thing is not working.  I have never set this up so I'm afraid I can't help, I would try what Luke suggested.  Can't you just bring up a command window on the linux machine and see if the mount point works?

Edited by krustyreturns

Volfan6415

So in the CLI i can see the mount point and opening it shows all the files from the PC with serverWMC running on.  So @@Luke am i looking for an SMB path?

krustyreturns

I'm sure you checked this, but is the path to the mount possibly not correct?  Can you tell me the path and I will check it against what I see in the log?

Volfan6415

/media/WMCRecordedTV

and the UNC path is //ZacharyChristia/Recorded TV

and here are the permissions for the share.

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 Oct  4 17:05 cdrom
drwxrwxrwx 2 emby root 3383296 Oct  6 21:28 WMCRecordedTV
Edited by Volfan6415

jasonmcroy

But i do use schedules direct for guide data so i guess  i could setup the integrated tuner support.  Last i remember there was not a clean method to merge channels between the different tuners (cable vs antenna).  Is this still the case?

I actually no longer use Cable TV, but OTA only. It's been a while since I had the set up with Cable and OTA using the Emby Live TV integrated but if I recall correctly the way that I set it up was via the my.hdhomerun.com webpage I would block out the local channels on the Prime tuner so they wouldn't come through and I just used the Extend HDHomerun device for locals. I would then set up two instances of Schedules Direct for the guide and have one pull in the Cable channels and one pull in the OTA channels.

Then, when I set up the recordings in the Emby Live TV DVR only the Cable channels that aren't local channels would get recorded via the Prime and the others via the OTA devices. Personally I liked it better that way because the OTA channels looked better picture wise than the same channels coming in via the Cable TV company. 

Personally now I use Playstation Vue for the Cable channels that I needed my local Cable provider for before (I really only watch AMC, SYFY and USA on Cable).

Volfan6415

Well that's why i would prefer to use serverwmc it handles the multiple sources better. WMC allows the channels to be merged and a priority set for each channel. Can the integrated plugin be set the same way?

krustyreturns

@@Volfan6415, it looks like serverwmc plugin is not using the mount point, instead it is just using the unc path (default).  You do have the mount point entered in the configuration page of the plugin right?  Which version of the plugin are you running?

Volfan6415

@@Volfan6415, it looks like serverwmc plugin is not using the mount point, instead it is just using the unc path (default).  You do have the mount point entered in the configuration page of the plugin right?  Which version of the plugin are you running

Yes here is a screenshot of the configuration page. I am using the latest version i think. 1.1.2.0.

59d8fb4d01251_screenshot.png

• Like 1

krustyreturns

Thanks, I see the problem now.  The linux detection is broken in the core version of the plugin.  To test this, revert back to the last pre-core version which is 1.0.0.83 and I bet this problem is fixed.  I'll need to figure out how to fix this in the core version of the plugin and issue a new version.  Sorry for the hassle, but thanks for reporting this!

Edited by krustyreturns
  • Like 1

Volfan6415

Thanks that fixed it.  Now i just need to disable the automatic updates for all plugins to stay on the older version until you are able to roll a fix out.

Or is there a way to prevent the ServerWMC plugin from auto updating to the newest version without removing updates for all other plugins.

Edited by Volfan6415

krustyreturns

I don't know, that's a question for @@Luke.  I will try to get the update out in a couple of days so you won't have to wait too long.

Volfan6415

I don't know, that's a question for @@Luke.  I will try to get the update out in a couple of days so you won't have to wait too long.

Thanks this is on a new production server i am building as i migrate everything over.  So it won't be too big of a deal as my main server is still running while i get the linux box setup.

Volfan6415

Ended up updating the server to .net core and the new version 1.13 loaded up and worked so it looks like you got the Linux detection fixed.

Do you want me to try the plugin on the mono install?

Volfan6415

Ended up updating the server to .net core and the new version 1.13 loaded up and worked so it looks like you got the Linux detection fixed.

Do you want me to try the plugin on the mono install?

@krustyreturns  spoke too soon. The channel update is hanging on 0%.  Here is the emby log.  Do you need the log from serverwmc?

Log.txt

Edited by Volfan6415

some kind of smb connection problem

SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect: 92.242.140.2
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbTransport.Connect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbTree.TreeConnect(ServerMessageBlock andx, ServerMessageBlock andxResponse)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.DoConnect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.QueryPath(String path, Int32 infoLevel)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Exists()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.ToMetadata(SmbFile info, Nullable`1 isDirectory)

Volfan6415

some kind of smb connection problem

SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect: 92.242.140.2
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbTransport.Connect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbTree.TreeConnect(ServerMessageBlock andx, ServerMessageBlock andxResponse)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.DoConnect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.QueryPath(String path, Int32 infoLevel)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Exists()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.SharpCifsFileSystem.ToMetadata(SmbFile info, Nullable`1 isDirectory)

Yes this was the same error message it was giving earlier which @@krustyreturns tracked down to being that the linux server detection on the .net plugin wasn't working properly.  As it appears he has updated the plugin i was reporting back that it looks like the newest version of the plugin 1.13 is behaving in the same way.

krustyreturns

Hey guys, I have not put up a fix so nothing should be working yet.  I need a little more time.

Volfan6415

Hey guys, I have not put up a fix so nothing should be working yet.  I need a little more time.

No worries.  Just saw a new version and got excited I will calm down . :-)

Volfan6415

Volfan have you tried the native emby support?

Yes i have.  And that is working as far as viewing live tv directly from the tuners.  However, since i still actively use WMC in my house i like the way the serverwmc plugin integrates the WMC guide (which i have already setup to remove channels i don't get, mapped sources etc.) and the way the server wmc integrates the recordings from WMC.