Fernzugriff ausschalten...

Pash

Hallo Leute,

ich Zeiten von Streamingboxen, Smartphones usw. wird es Zeit meine lokalen Daten mal in eine Bibliothek zu packen :-)

Auf der Suche bin ich bei emby gelandet :-)

Sieht soweit alles super aus, allerdings finde ich KEINE MÖGLICHKEIT den Fernzugriff zu disablen! Ich möchte Emby nur lokal im Haus benutzen...

Kann mir vielleicht jemand weiterhelfen?

Beste Grüße,

Pash

Ach so und direkt noch eine Frage: Gibt es einen besonders gutes Client für emby? Es steht die Neuanschaffung einer neuen Streamingbox an, daher die Frage :-)
Nvidia Shield vs AppleTV 4k vs FireTV 2017 ist momentan die Auswahl :-) Falls jemand noch einen Tipp in die Richtung hätte wäre ich Euch sehr dankbar.

rechner123

Hi pash,

ich würde einfach den/die Ports im Router nicht freigeben bzw automatisches Portmapping(upnp) deaktivieren.

Lg

Wir haben derzeit keine direkte Einstellung, aber wir können uns noch einmal für die nächste Version ansehen.

In der Zwischenzeit können Sie erreichen, was Sie wollen, indem Sie es auf der Router-Ebene blockieren. Bitte lassen Sie uns wissen, ob dies hilft. Vielen Dank !

Burrito78

In der Zwischenzeit können Sie erreichen, was Sie wollen, indem Sie es auf der Router-Ebene blockieren.

Das klingt so, als müsste man etwas tun, um Fernzugriff zu verhindern. Aber eigentlich ist es doch so, das ein Fernzugriff nicht möglich ist, solange man kein entsprechendes Portforwarding eingerichtet hat, oder?

Wir haben derzeit keine direkte Einstellung, aber wir können uns noch einmal für die nächste Version ansehen.
In der Zwischenzeit können Sie erreichen, was Sie wollen, indem Sie es auf der Router-Ebene blockieren. Bitte lassen Sie uns wissen, ob dies hilft. Vielen Dank !

Das wäre ein Traum! Ich denke da würden sich einige Leute drüber freuen die eure Lösung wirklich nur lokal einsetzen möchten :-)

Ich habe es so gemacht wie rechner123 es auch schon geschrieben hat. Also automatisches Portmapping ausgeschaltet und auf der Fritzbox nichts freigegeben bzw geforwarded...

Edited by Pash

rechner123

Das klingt so, als müsste man etwas tun, um Fernzugriff zu verhindern. Aber eigentlich ist es doch so, das ein Fernzugriff nicht möglich ist, solange man kein entsprechendes Portforwarding eingerichtet hat, oder?

Die Ports werden von emby mithilfe von upnp automatisch freigeschaltet sofern es dein Router unterstützt bzw aktiviert ist.

• 3 years later...

Hallo, die Anfrage oben war aus 2017 vor etlichen Versionen. Ist es denn nunmehr möglich, den Fernzugriff voll zu deaktivieren?

8 hours ago, lemmi said:

Hello, the request above was from 2017 several versions ago. Is it now possible to fully deactivate remote access?

Hi there, yes, have you explored server network options?

Hi, You can control this for the whole server as Luke pointed out or just for individual users depending on your needs.

• 1 year later...

On 4/25/2021 at 6:11 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, yes, have you explored server network options?

I want deactivate the access from outside the internal network, but keep access within my internal Network. How? When i deactivate remote access, i cant access from my internal Network...I learned that the hard way with editing system.xml through ssh.

Edited by JHE007

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, JHE007 said:

When i deactivate remote access, i cant access from my internal Network

That's strange, my installation runs like that 99% of the time, with remote access disabled and 15ish LAN clients. Disabling remote access globally shouldn't affect your local network. 

JHE007

With   <EnableRemoteAccess>false</EnableRemoteAccess> i get this:

image.jpeg.09a1b687841924e3011add65a7aa92bb.jpeg

//Edit: <LocalNetworkSubnets>
    <string>192.168.1.0/255</string>
  </LocalNetworkSubnets>

Edited by JHE007

GrimReaper

Is there particular reason you're forcing only that subnet as LAN? What's the IP of the device you're connecting from? Why ain't you using netmask /24?

First things first, I would remove the local network subnets config and just try disabling remote access. I would only customize the local network values if you have a specific reason for doing so. Please let us know if that helps.

JHE007
2 hours ago, Luke said:

First things first, I would remove the local network subnets config and just try disabling remote access. I would only customize the local network values if you have a specific reason for doing so. Please let us know if that helps.

Hi, could you please tell me what are the default setting for the local network subnets config? Or should i just remove that section from the system.xml?

Thanks @all for replies and help!

Edited by JHE007

JHE007

In the system.xml i commented out the the local network subnets config. After Restart of Emby, the whole section was removed from the system.xml and the error is gone.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by JHE007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
3 hours ago, JHE007 said:

In the system.xml i commented out the the local network subnets config. After Restart of Emby, the whole section was removed from the system.xml and the error is gone.

Thanks for your support!

You didn't have to edit system.xml, would've been enough to clear "LAN networks" field in Settings>Network tab. What you have done previously with /255 was effectively locking yourself out from any other address except 192.168.1.0 as you were telling Emby to treat any other address as remote. IPv4 address can have max. 32 bits (4x8 bits), hence netmask 192.168.1.0/32 is a single address only. Netmask 192.168.1.0/24 encompasses all 256 addresses between 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.1.255 (last 8 bits treated as wildcards) and that is what you were probably going for, but as said above, if there is no specific reason to specify local subnets you don't need to customize that at all as Emby will treat those as local by default. 

Edited by GrimReaper