Music Playlist

bored

I've made a few music playlists, but I don't see a "playlist" option in either the main menu or in the music menu... where can I find it?

I've now tried to make two playlists, and they both came out at 200 songs... must be just a coincidence, but it felt like I put more than 200 songs in them...

Either way, the original problem persists... could it have to do with the way I'm making the playlists?  How I did it was, I made a queue and took the option to make it into a playlist.  Is there another way to do it?

Luke, ebr's answer makes sense to me.

Back to the initial issue...

I've tried doing things mentioned in other threads, like re-scanning the library and resetting the server, but they didn't fix the problem.

We can look at increasing the limit in a future release of the Roku app. Hopefully you will understand there has to be some limit, but we can certainly push it as high as we can.

• 2 months later...

I'm also suffering from OPs original problem: on Roku there is no option for Playlist. Under music the options are:

Album artist

By letter

Genres

Search

No option for playlist and it doesn't show up in the search either. Is there a button in the options I need to tick cos I can't see it?

Works fine in android.

I'm also suffering from OPs original problem: on Roku there is no option for Playlist. Under music the options are:

Album artist

By letter

Genres

Search

No option for playlist and it doesn't show up in the search either. Is there a button in the options I need to tick cos I can't see it?

Works fine in android.

If you arrow down in the Music library, is the last row not all your Playlists?

Also, on the Library row on the home screen, there should be another option showing your playlists there.

If you arrow down in the Music library, is the last row not all your Playlists?

Also, on the Library row on the home screen, there should be another option showing your playlists there.

I can only arrow down once in Music and that just gives me "Latest Music". Also there is no option for Playlists in that area of the home screen. As I say those options do exist on Android and Web app so I'm not sure why they aren't there in Roku.

Are you logged in with the same user in both apps?

Playlists are user-specific.

Ah, I didn't realise that. Playlist added as correct user and working perfectly. Thank you for the quick responses.

• 8 months later...

Hi. I am having the same problem with my m3u playlists not appearing in the Roku app. The playlists work fine on the webapp, but I cannot find them on the Roku anywhere. Tried arrowing down, but there is nothing but the "Latest Music" category. And yes, I checked that I am signed in as the same user. Also, I am using the Roku 3 model if that makes a difference.

• 1 month later...
marktaff

@@speechles

I seem to be having the same issue with no playlists on my new Roku TV.  Server is 3.5.3.0 on Kubuntu. Emby Roku app is 3.0 build 111, and Emby Beta 3.0 build 113.  I have four music *.m3u playlists of flacs; three are very large, but one only has a dozen items.  The playlists show up on the Linux client and also the web browser client. The server only shows one user, so I'm pretty sure I'm using the same user for all the clients.  The playlist names have spaces in them.

On the Roku TV, the music section only lists 'Views' in the first row, and 'Latest Music' in the second row. There are no other rows.  The 'Views' row is: 'All Album Artists', 'By Letter', 'Genres', and 'Search'.  There are no Suggestions, Albums, Artists, Playlists, or Songs views.

Thanks for your help.

@@marktaff I can tell you for sure, that better things are coming down the road.

The suggestions tab is your music screen you land on when you enter the music view. Perhaps that isn't clear? We need to make that clearer.

The other tabs, Albums and Artists, these are coming. Work is complete.

Playlists though, this tab should already be a row on your music screen that you land on when you enter music. If it doesn't show and you have playlists something is wrong. Keep it mind, It isn't a tabbed view on the Roku for playlists, perhaps it should be? The web client has a tabbed view for it.

Songs.. I have something made, but it has to be decided how other apps will handle this first. The Roku app has to behave, look, and feel as close to every other app as possible. I rushed the ball earlier and may have disclosed more than I should have. I will be more meek about the future improvements from now on. 

The Music Screen (aka Suggestions) can now show you Latest, Favorites, Playlists, Recently Played and Frequently Played all as rows. These are improvements coming to a Roku near you very soon.

I can investigate the playlist issue later today. I already have m3u the server picks up, and I do not see listed in the Roku as a playlist, either. These are m3u inside albums that aren't picked up. They are picked up by the web client though. So something is amiss in how the Roku builds the playlist row.

Edited by speechles

marktaff

@@speechles

Thanks, it is good to know improvements are being worked on. :-)

Here is a photo of my music section in .113 (it is the same in .111)5bc63db33a4d0_20181016_142144.jpg

When that pops up, a 'Favorites' label is displayed for half a second before it disappears. I don't have any favorites music, I use custom xml in a comment tag to rate and tag my music.  I do have one of my playlists tagged as a favorite--that shows up under favorites in the linux client.  I do have the 'Recently' and 'Frequently' in the other apps, but not the Roku app.

If it helps, my collection is 305 artists and 529 full albums of flacs, organized as music/flac/[artist]/[album]/*.flac  (/music/flac is the root of my music collection).  The four playlists are in /music/flac; their item counts are: 2535 items, 1400 items, 913, items, and 11 items.

Here is a snippet of one of the playlists:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:207,Randy Travis - High Lonesome
/srv/samba/public/music/flac/Randy Travis/High Lonesome/Randy Travis - High Lonesome.flac
#EXTINF:192,Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs for This?
/srv/samba/public/music/flac/Deana Carter/Did I Shave My Legs For This/Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This.flac
#EXTINF:193,George Strait - You Look So Good in Love
/srv/samba/public/music/flac/George Strait/Greatest Hits/George Strait - You Look So Good in Love.flac

HTH, and let me know if I can do anything to help.

ETA: The TV is a TCL brand 65S401, software version 8.1.0 build 4139-30

Edited by marktaff