3TB hard drive Video_TS format freezes

eallen

eallen

Media Browser Classic and MBT freeze when playing Video_TS rips from a 3TB hard drive.

Every movie I play freezes around 21 minutes into the movie.

I have tried the following to identify the issue.

1. 3TB External Toshiba hard drive

2. 3TB External Western Digital hard drive

3. 3TB Seagate hard drive

All of the above drives experienced the same issue with multiple movies I also tried the same movie on each drive with the same issue.

If I play the movies with VLC or XBMC I don't experience this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

shaefurr

Im guessing these are external drives? I havnt seen that problem on internal 3TB drives

shaefurr

Can try a firmware update, fixed it for me, may or may not work. Its a common problem with the external 3tb drives and theres no absolute fix ive seen.

PBzeer

I've gone around and around with this issue, and it seems there are just some things Windows isn't happy with when using over a 2TB external. It wouldn't play my VIDEO_TS rips in MB, and it won't do a back up on my 3TB. (Which, as you did, I partioned to GPT)

I switched to MKV instead of VIDEO_TS, and no problem with using the 3TB drive, so far. As a consequence, since I only rip the movie itself, I've gone from over 3 TB of movies to just over 1.5 TB. Plus it's a faster process (at least for me).

Wish I had a better answer for you, but the only answer I found after days of searching is to partion to GPT, and that doesn't solve the problem of playing VIDEO_TS on MB from a 3 TB external. Nor was a firmware update any help for me.