Emby server no longer filling tv show season year?

djhifi

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play what does that mean?  Doesn't say anywhere about the Season folder no longer being respected?  Where is it getting the Season name from now?  

I quess that is why your previous ones still work and current ones don't.  That would be my take on that.

paulsalter

I would also prefer an option to turn this off

All my shows are nicely labeled upto the point of that update, Season 01, Season 02 etc

Since this change i now get a mess with all new Seasons named Series 1, Series 2 etc

Just a PITA to have to go in and manualy change the wording when adding new items

An option to use the folder names as it used to would be great

Happy2Play

I would also prefer an option to turn this off

All my shows are nicely labeled upto the point of that update, Season 01, Season 02 etc

Since this change i now get a mess with all new Seasons named Series 1, Series 2 etc

Just a PITA to have to go in and manualy change the wording when adding new items

An option to use the folder names as it used to would be great

If this is event the same issue.

paulsalter

If this is event the same issue.

looks identical to me

Emby used to use the folder name for the Season name, now it doesnt

Happy2Play

But Season xx and Series xx are regional settings correct?

paulsalter

But Season xx and Series xx are regional settings correct?

They can be interchanged, but mixing them up is wrong (but thats for another thread)

I would say regional settings for the OP are set to use Season X, which is why it has all changed for new items added after the above named update

I think only UK uses "Series" everyone else in the world uses "Season"

But it doesn't really matter if you use "Season" or "Series" since if you follow the recommended folder structure you would already have a folder called "Season 1" or "Series 1"  then just using the folder name as it originally was doing all along solves this problem.

I don't understand why this was changed? 

What other problem was @@Luke trying to solve when he made this horrible change? 

What does mix-matched folders mean?

Where is it populating the Season name from now? 

Do we now have to edit metadata for every single season for every single show to fix this? 

I alone have 312 shows which is about 1782 season folders

Edited by dcook

paulsalter

@@dcook

you are correct, we mainly use Series here instead of Season, but people do use both

I think i am explaining it wrongly

I have all my shows named e:\TV\ShowName\Season XX

Prior to the above update, Emby would read this structure and name the Seasons in Emby as per my folder structure

With that change to regional, new Seasons are ignoring my folder naming and using a regional conversion table (so i get Series)

So to me, the OP has used there naming for the folders which was picked up originally

With this new regional change, Season names for people in Portugal are being named as Season X, instead of what the folder is named as

@@paulsalter

I understand what you are saying:

Prior to the change @@Luke made Emby displayed exactly what your folder structure was, and what you wanted.

After the change Emby is now displaying something else

So this issue is actually bigger then it just ignoring the Folder name and not using "Season 1 (2014)" including the year for example

The issue is also displaying completely different text for example if your folder is called "Season 1"  you are getting displayed in Emby "Series 1"

Even here in the official Emby documentation it tells you how to setup your folder structure for Tv Shows:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

@@Luke it makes no mention in the TV naming instructions that whatever you put will be ignored and Emby will display something completely different??

And actually the TV naming instructions were last updated by you on Sept 10 which was a month after this change was made??

Edited by dcook

paulsalter

thanks @@dcook

This is where i understand it gets it from now, the translation site (uk page below)

so regardless of naming used in folder, whats shown here is what you get as default

http://translate.emby.media/collaboration/translate/project/project/9056/language-from/547/language/45/p/24

post-43534-0-68890700-1507744952_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulsalter

Happy2Play

@@paulsalter

I understand what you are saying:

Prior to the change @@Luke made Emby displayed exactly what your folder structure was, and what you wanted.

After the change Emby is now displaying something else

So this issue is actually bigger then it just ignoring the Folder name and not using "Season 1 (2014)" including the year for example

The issue is also displaying completely different text for example if your folder is called "Season 1"  you are getting displayed in Emby "Series 1"

Even here in the official Emby documentation it tells you how to setup your folder structure for Tv Shows:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

@@Luke it makes no mention in the TV naming instructions that whatever you put will be ignored and Emby will display something completely different??

And actually the TV naming instructions were last updated by you on Sept 10 which was a month after this change was made??

I believe the regional setting are being honored.

Where are the regional settings defined?

If I am located in UK but I want Season instead of Series, where do I go to make that change in the regional settings?

I believe the regional setting are being honored.

• Like 1

The only difference in that page is Season to Series,  and Programs to Programmes everything else from what I can see matches exactly

So again I don't understand why this change was made at all?

It used to read the folder names from your library, if you were living in UK and wanted to use Series you would name your folder "Series 1"

If you lived in USA you could name your folder "Season 1"

If you lived in UK but wanted to use USA names you could name your folder "Season 1"

If you lived anywhere but wanted to put year with Season name you could name your folder "Season 1 (2017)" 

You had all the flexibility in the world, but now that @@Luke has made this change all that is gone you are forced to use what @@Luke thinks is correct and best for you.

thanks @@dcook

This is where i understand it gets it from now, the translation site (uk page below)

so regardless of naming used in folder, whats shown here is what you get as default

http://translate.emby.media/collaboration/translate/project/project/9056/language-from/547/language/45/p/24

paulsalter

IMO, the preferred action for this should be

If a Season folder is used then use that as the naming inside Emby

If no Season folder is used (all episodes just under the show folder) then default to whatever the regional term for Season is

CBers

I have all my shows named e:\TV\ShowName\Season XX

Prior to the above update, Emby would read this structure and name the Seasons in Emby as per my folder structure

With that change to regional, new Seasons are ignoring my folder naming and using a regional conversion table (so i get Series)

Where are you seeing Series xx?

I'm in the UK and still see Season xx in the web client, and ATV and ET apps, for all of the recent new seasons of TV shows that have just started.

I'm running beta Emby server, so a few releases in advance of Stable Emby server.

I started "TV Library - Series v. Shows" 6 months ago.

Edited by CBers

paulsalter

This is an example, easier to show in pictures

I have just added Season 06 of Doctor Who

In Explorer

post-43534-0-02847900-1507809469_thumb.jpg

In Emby

post-43534-0-74851100-1507809502_thumb.jpg

EDIT:This was in reply to another post which has now gone

Edited by paulsalter

CBers

That's also dropping the '0' in '06'.

I've just added a "Season 6" under Doctor Who and in the web client it shows "Series 6".

All of my other new season folders are created via Sonarr, so what's different ??

For example, "Legends of Tomorrow" is in a folder called "Season 3" and Emby says "Season 3".

paulsalter

Mine only does it for newly added items since the update mentioned earlier in the thread, earlier stuff like the other Dr Who Seasons are correct

Does Sonarr create a season.nfo file, that the only possible difference i can see, and it names it as Season within this, i dont use this so just a guess

CBers

Does Sonarr create a season.nfo file, that the only possible difference i can see, and it names it as Season within this, i dont use this so just a guess

There is a season.nfo and it does have:

<title>Season 3</title>

paulsalter

There is a season.nfo and it does have:

<title>Season 3</title>

Is there one of you Sonarr Seasons you could possibly recreate, making sure a season.nfo file does not exist before Emby sees it

Just to see if it names it as Series X inside Emby

CBers

I shut Emby server down and added a new show (Rellik) to Sonarr.

No season.nfo was created by Sonarr.

paulsalter

I have just tested on mine with Rellik, no season.nfo created either

Explorer

post-43534-0-76108400-1507812507_thumb.jpg

Emby

post-43534-0-80226200-1507812533_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulsalter

CBers

I started Emby and it scanned the folder and created a season.nfo file in the season folder.

<title>Season 1</title>

Edited by CBers