Best way to TV Series

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

I am not sure where to post this? I am really just want to get a little feedback on how people handle tv series. some of the tv series are just planly screwed up. IMHO.

Example

I have these mickey mouse shortclips i like to add in the tv series. on the IMDB it has tv series for it. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2768802/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt ) the source that i scrap it is tvdb.com in disney short animation. on season 2013 etc... whats the best way to handle this. I usually scrap this using sonarr and there source is tvdb.com. If i were to just dump the video files based on the imdb tv info where would emby scrap it from?

Example

Another scenario i have seen, tv series start and stop and tvdb has more season then the actual company. example of a company TLC. 

Any other option to this or suggestions? If i use different catagory in emby like mix content can i still get access the scrapping and images selection? Is that even possible or can we have a feature where we can control where we get the scrape and images?

Any suggestion would be most apperciated!

Monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Hi there @@monkeyslapper, have you checked out our wiki on TV file naming?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

It even goes over how to handle specials. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Luke.. Its not the naming of the files that I am really making a point about. I am pointing out tv series that are not existing on tvdb.com but would exist on imdb tv series. example that i have pointed out mickey mouse cartoon series. I can find the series on the IMDB as its own series but the tvdb.com shows it as it belong to another type of series ( Disney Animated shorts ). What would be the right information? Is there a way to choose what provider i am grabbing this information from or scrapping from? What provider do you use to scrap from tv series?

Monkeyslapper

I

Ok, have you explored server metadata settings? We also support TMDB as a series provider, although TVDB is recommended.

monkeyslapper

Actaully i did not. That would resolve my issue i think?!?!. I do have one more question though. I use sonarr to check my tv show for air dates and i also use emby. I have notice some differences. Example Young Sheldon shows that it airs on 25th of september for the pilot but emby was not showing that at all. Any reason to that?

Once again GREAT service. Thanks again.

Monkeyslapper

Overseer

I believe he is talking about he Upcoming TV page. Sounds like it wasn't showing Young Sheldon as upcoming on that screen.  Next episode is not until the 2nd of November so don't know if it's just a one off thing with metadata.

There's a limit to how many episodes that screen will display, usually between 30-40, so that probably explains it.