CCTV NVR software on Windows

CBers

CBers

Been watching those videos and a few others I found because of your link above, @@CBers. Thanks!

I guess you know most of it, but you may pick something up, or find a way of doing something differently :)

CBers

@@Sammy / @@Swynol

How do you extend the record length for a motion detected event?

We had a fox on our patio overnight, but the recording was only 5 seconds.

Thanks.

Swynol

i record continuously and only use motion detection to flag the timeline. so this doesn't really affect me.

I found that with MD on only it sometimes missed events or like you didnt record enough of it.

CBers

You using the BVR method of recording and Direct to Disc?

If so, how much disk space do your cameras consume each day?

Swynol

ye using BVR and direct to disk.

Not sure how to find out how much each camera uses a day.

But as a rough guide with 5 cameras limited to 2MB/s bandwidth i get 30-35 days of continuous recording on a 2TB drive

Looking at my recording files they seem to be using roughly 55GB to 60GB a day. which ties in with the numbers above.

Previously i had it on Motion Only and i could easily record 6+ months of data. More likely 12 months. 

picture below shows my continuous record with the motion flags, so i can still see when the motion occurred and jump to those times. (cameras need a clean after the storms last night)

59e60779bf946_cams.jpg

CBers

Thanks @@Swynol.

I think I might move mine to continuous recording and see how it goes.

I have about 6Tb free in my DriveBender pool, so that should be more than enough :)

Do you wipe on a 30 day rotation?

I have a 4Tb drive dedicated to BlueIris. I record 24/7 and use the MD to set flags just as @@Swynol does. I actually just added two cameras last weekend and I changed my DVR Drive to this newly installed drive too. I set BI to use a maximum of 2Tb and to recycle to "Stored" after 7 days then delete "Stored" 7 days later. I just set this up last weekend when adding the new cameras but see now, with 4 cameras, I can probably increase the recycling period to 14 days or so. At the present time I'm at about 500Gb in that drive and I haven't toned down my bit rate as it is at 4mbs.

Edited by Sammy

Swynol

i've limited my 1.8tb drive to only use 90% of the disk then it overwrites to oldest footage.

this machine only runs blue iris. My drivepool is setup on a different machine with my emby server. Partly because i didnt want blue iris constantly writing to the drive pool and because its a bit of a CPU hog and didnt want it slowing down my nginx and emby server

• Like 1

i've limited my 1.8tb drive to only use 90% of the disk then it overwrites to oldest footage.

this machine only runs blue iris. My drivepool is setup on a different machine with my emby server. Partly because i didnt want blue iris constantly writing to the drive pool and because its a bit of a CPU hog and didnt want it slowing down my nginx and emby server

The PC on which BI resides is my storage PC. Most everything on this PC is media for Emby, some 17Tb, except for this one drive which is dedicated to BI. Even though BI uses a bit of CPU I find that other tasks add to the total such as MicroSoft Security Essentials. My Emby Server resides on my HTPC and I'm not seeing any performance issues but maybe this contributes to load times being a second or two when using ET or Emby Roku Channel?

(See how we did that? we made this topic relevant to Emby! LOL)

Edited by Sammy

CBers

Thanks guys. Gonna set up constant recording tonight and see what happens.

(See how we did that? we made this topic relevant to Emby! LOL)

LOL :)

• Like 1

CBers

@@Sammy / @@Swynol

OK, continuous recording has been in place a few days now and it seems to be working, but I'm not seeing the ALERT marks on the timeline.

Is that because I get alerts emailed to me?

Or do I have something disabled somewhere?

I see your post but I'll need to check when I'm in an RDP session to my Blue Iris PC later today and report back. From memory, I think you need to make some settings in the "Triggered" tab of Blue Iris either globally or for each camera.

And a video was just posted for you..

https://youtu.be/jB_OPqPp3BA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just now watched it and learned some things I'm going to tweek now. I've never got a good explanation of how motion detection works on ipcamtalk. Just, "you need to change your make time" without suggestions or better yet an explanation of the interactions between the different settings.

• Like 1

Swynol

@@CBers,

Havent watched the video yet but here are my settings

Camera properties > Trigger > Motion sensor (ticked)

> Record > Video (ticked) Continous

> Record > Create Alert List Images when triggered (Tick)

> Record > Video file format.... > BID (ticked) and Direct to Disk (ticked)

> Alerts > Fire when - This camera is triggered

i think thats about it

• Like 2

@@CBers,

i think thats about it

The video is more about fine tuning what motion creates a trigger. Good watch..

• Like 1

CBers

@@CBers,

i think thats about it

Thanks @@Swynol - the are the same settings I have, but still no alert indicators on the timeline.

Do you have any alerts sent to you, via your email, text or the mobile app ??

I'm wondering as I have alerts emailed to me, then the indicators are not shown.

Swynol

no email alerts or anything like that setup. I would get annoyed with the 100's of alerts everyday. My home automation stuff i use for alerts tho.

naeonline

ye using BVR and direct to disk.

Not sure how to find out how much each camera uses a day.

But as a rough guide with 5 cameras limited to 2MB/s bandwidth i get 30-35 days of continuous recording on a 2TB drive

Looking at my recording files they seem to be using roughly 55GB to 60GB a day. which ties in with the numbers above.

Previously i had it on Motion Only and i could easily record 6+ months of data. More likely 12 months.

picture below shows my continuous record with the motion flags, so i can still see when the motion occurred and jump to those times. (cameras need a clean after the storms last night)

59e60779bf946_cams.jpg

That's a nice clear picture. What cameras do you have? I'm looking to get some ip/poe ones soon. Edited by naeonline

Swynol

picture isnt too bad, lens needs cleaning after the storm the other night. I live near sand dunes so get alot of sand stuck to the lens.

The 2 bottom cameras are Hikvision DS-2CD3132-I  they are 2048x1536 res but currently i've knocked the stream down to 1080p. These are dome cameras and have very good picture during the day but suffer badly at night with IR issues. One day i will probably replace them with either a bullet style or turret style camera. i think the turret is DS-2CD2332-I. These are poe.

top left is a microsoft 720p webcamera.

middle top is a cheapo 720p wireless camera by motorola. because its inside its a internal only camera which i dont need IR on as any movement in the garage and my lights come on automatically. 

top right camera is another cheapo camera from ebay, 720p wireless. again its a dome and suffers IR issues. again one day will replace with turrent or bullet. Their picture during the day is excellent on all camera's.I think this does support Poe but i currently use external power for it. 

2 bottom cameras are the main ones, i've produced evidence on a few occasions of number plates and faces to police/crime prevention and its always worked really well.

CBers

These are dome cameras and have very good picture during the day but suffer badly at night with IR issues. One day i will probably replace them with either a bullet style or turret style camera. i think the turret is DS-2CD2332-I. These are poe.

My dome cameras suffer at night as well, but during the day they're fine.

I have a bullet camera which is the same.

All 2MP SV3C cameras.