Cover Art buttons

arrbee99

arrbee99

Thought I'd have a play with Cover Art, but whenever I press any of these

59cef8f7c84ad_EmbyCoverArt2.jpg

buttons, it just goes straight back to the Dashboard home page. I would presume it shouldn't do that ?

Happy2Play

Please list version numbers for plugin and server.

How are you connecting also.

Edited by Happy2Play

arrbee99

Beta 3.2.32.12 and CoverArt 4.0.55.0. Not sure about the connecting bit - this is all on the same Win 10 PC.

arrbee99

Am just wondering if its anything to do with Chrome thing.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50662-chrome-thing/&do=findComment&comment=486904

just because of way it goes straight to the home page.

Anyway, am just updating my alternative net core version ( coverart thing is on ordinary version) and thought I'd see if the Chrome thing and/or coverart thing happen in net.core

arrbee99

Set up the latest net.core and the Chrome thing mentioned has disappeared. CoverArt seems to be fine again in net.core so far, but I see the version number has been bumped. Will have to try with that in the standard version later.

arrbee99

So the Chrome thing came back after a day of using the net.core version.

Decided to update my normal beta version to the net.core version by downloading the beta version from the web site, which is now apparently the net.core version anyway.

Did that and restarted the server. Went to Home page in Emby in Chrome. At exactly 18.03.00 (see log) clicked refresh and it went to the dasboard home page.

Went to the Cover-art plug in and exactly 18.04.00 (see log) clicked on Treatments and it went to the dashboard home page.

Any ideas perhaps ?

Same in Edge.

server-63642564074.txt

Edited by arrbee99

Good day,

No problem here as well, but ...

What happens as some of the option at coverart when you click on them, the screen flash black then goes to that option.

My best

Happy2Play

Good day,

What happens as some of the option at coverart when you click on them, the screen flash black then goes to that option.

My best

I see the same when switching tabs the whole screen refreshed instead of just content-primary container.

• Like 2

arrbee99

Good day,

My best

Yes it flashes to to log in screen then goes to dashboard home page

• Like 1

arrbee99

If you bring up the Chrome console, are there errors?

There is this is Chrome...

59d2970a3d8ef_EmbyrefresherrorChrome1.jp

and a bit in Edge...

59d29744917a0_EmbyrefresherrorEdge.jpg

no idea how significant it is

arrbee99

looks like '/emby' is getting duplicated in the url somehow...

You wouldn't know if that address is stored somewhere so I could change it and see what effect that has ?

Edited by arrbee99

Happy2Play

So why would this affect users differently, as I get no error or duplicated \emby in url?  On same OS and Chrome version

arrbee99

No idea what I've done, though as expected (I suppose ) the incorrect url returns the following in Chrome -

unable to find specified file

while the correct returns this -

{"LocalAddress":"http://192.168.1.240:8096","WanAddress":"http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:8096","ServerName":"GIGABYTE","Version":"3.2.33.1","OperatingSystem":"Windows","Id":"d78f5346e37043cd9d26fd1950e3ee9f"}

apart from the x's obviously.

arrbee99

You using a reverse proxy or any advanced network routing like that?

Well I use one of those smart DNS things and have static routes for Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Have manually set IPv4 DNS servers for the smart DNS thing (on individual devices, not the router). Also have one manually assigned IP address of 192.168.1.150. Can't think of anything else.

No idea if that affects accessing Emby dashboard page from the same device as the server, which is the only way I access the Emby admin stuff.

arrbee99

Any Ideas, still at it. Don't see much point reinstalling browsers seeing as it does this in all of them. Would prefer not to re-install windows. It 'seems' to be an Emby thing.