Emby music over bluetooth

sk1deep

wedgekc

Can you please try again with the latest app release? thanks.

So far, music playback has been flawless on the latest version of the app.  Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
wedgekc

I have audio stuttering issues again after upgrading to the latest Android version.  I think there were two updates after 3.0.10, both updates had stuttering problems.  Again, uninstalled and reinstalled 3.0.10, back to normal.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
storageboy

This will be my first post to say I also get the same issue, and it's the only issue for now holding me back switching to Emby Premiere full time for a month to see how it holds up against my other media server.

I'm using a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact paired to Bose QC35 headphones. Audio stutters in every song I play, which is mostly MP3 128-320Kbps and a handful of FLAC files.

storageboy

Thanks Luke.

I don't know if this is relevant but last night I was streaming (with jitter, slow down, whatever you want to call it) to a Bose Revolve Soundlink device. However, both Plex and Youtube were then stuttering as well until I closed all apps (including Emby) and started Plex by itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Mike5123

Also expierencing audio stutter on the lastest Android app (beta) while playing over Bluetooth to a JVC unit. No stutter with the web version, but that's not an option for me as I need to convert the audio from flac to 128kbps.

Phone is a ZTE zmax pro Z981.

To update my earlier post.

I have a new phone now, Samsung A5 2017 with Android 8. Audio playback to my JBL speakers works fine now. I believe my J5 had Android 6.

• 9 months later...
Qriz75

I am still having the same problems ... I have been using a different app for the past year or so ... and figured lets try it again .... but nope still doing it.

To recap:

I can stream audio just fine but as soon as I connect to the bluetooth in my car I get audio hops ... it's not enjoyable. I am using Emby for Android (Beta) ...

funny thing is if I install Android TV the playback in the car is fine ... but the navigation is horrible (since it is not meant to be used on a phone) the TV app also doesn't seem to remember the position for audiobooks.

Can you please look back into the matter? 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
xkonni

unfortunately this still seems unresolved.

Google Pixel 4, Android 10, latest update, bluetooth headphones, emby for android (tried regular and beta) has constant clicks and glitches.

If you need further info, please tell me what to provide.

• 4 weeks later...
Super Friends

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy S8. During this self isolation it would be nice if I could count on this to work.  I paid for the Server just wish all the functions worked as advertised. 

Thanks

Emby for Android 3.1.14

Same Issue on Emby Theater PC

Edited by Super Friends

• 1 year later...
T3Knical5urg3

Another resurrection of this thread. Typically everything works great but when I connect via bluetooth and use the Emby android app on my Samsung s10e to connect to my car stereo (pioneer avh-x4600bt) it stutters, hitches, and occasionally makes this very loud jarring "brap" sound. If I instead load the web interface the stream plays fine but then I loose all interactivity with the display.

I don't seem to have any other issues connecting to other bluetooth audio devices.

Thanks

Emby 3.1.80

Can you try the Android Beta to see if this fixes your problem please?

T3Knical5urg3

I updated to 3.1.92 on Friday. Over the weekend I proceeded to use Emby app connect though bluetooth to the same pioneer avh-x4600bt device. I thought it was remedied on the first handful of listens, but it still intermittently reverts to stutters and hitches. I can not pinpoint what triggers it but the problem unfortunately has not been resolved for me.

2 hours ago, T3Knical5urg3 said:

I updated to 3.1.92 on Friday. Over the weekend I proceeded to use Emby app connect though bluetooth to the same pioneer avh-x4600bt device. I thought it was remedied on the first handful of listens, but it still intermittently reverts to stutters and hitches. I can not pinpoint what triggers it but the problem unfortunately has not been resolved for me.

Hi, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

T3Knical5urg3

I am not exactly sure what you mean by an example. Do you want additional detail on what happens or is there a log that can be pulled that might be informative?

22 hours ago, T3Knical5urg3 said:

I am not exactly sure what you mean by an example. Do you want additional detail on what happens or is there a log that can be pulled that might be informative?

Example meaning some discussion of the specific scenario along with: 

Thanks.