Can't get any of my media to play

Pranker99

Pranker99

Hello Everyone,

My Emby Docker running on unRAID would not play any videos and could not update, so I rebuilt the Docker Image File and reinstalled it. I am now on version 3.2.32.0, but I am still having problems playing any of my media (TV shows and Movies). The background image will show up, but the loading wheel just spins forever. I have tried on three different pcs, same issue. I went through the logs and it appears there is a "Native error= Access denied" showing up. I ran the tool in Unraid called "Docker Safe New Perms", but it did not solve the issue (I am assuming it is because it does not touch the appdata folder). I can see all of my media and can even modify the metadata, so I know it can access my media share. I originally posted in the Lime-Technology forum for Emby, but was told to come here. I am not sure what to do from here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

server-63642228794.txt

ffmpeg is unable to start. head over to

/config/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg

and ensure the ffmpeg and ffprobe executable have execute permissions. Right now the server is unable to launch it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Pranker99

Great! That worked. However, I am now noticing that the total length of the videos is incorrect and that the green dot jumps forward and backwards on it's own, but the video continues playing normally. In the image below, the video being played should an hour or longer, yet it shows 5:06. I am able to recreate the issue with multiple movies and tv shows.

59cdc4c5c9096_EmbyPlayback.png

server-63642235808.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-52ad880d-3797-4bcd-9681-6861c5a76a00.txt

Right well now your library needs to be refreshed now that ffprobe will work, and this will fill in the media info including the duration. the way to do that in the least number of clicks would simply be to remove your libraries and then add them back.

• Like 1