FFMPEG - HW transcoding and SMB

gbone8106

gbone8106

I have a N7770 with an i3 2120 which supports quicksync, is there any FFMPEG build that i can use to test HW transcoding?

Also can an FFMPEG build be compiled to support smb, so i dont have to mount with fstab?

To be honest I don't think the thecus package will allow you to customize the ffmpeg path. I think you're probably better off sending @@outkastm a message and asking him to includes these libraries as part of the ffmpeg build in the next release.

We are going through all the NAS packages and are re-doing them for .NET Core, and eventually we will take over the thecus package and handle this ourselves. But we haven't gotten to thecus just yet. Thanks.

gbone8106

Ok looks like it it using  quicksync for HW transcoding, verified h264_qsv initiated in logs. CPU usage is around 50 - 60%, where previously is was around 80 - 90%. SMB appears to be working also, I have  permission issue i have to correct, but other than that it seems fine. transcoding at about 60fps

outkastm

To be honest I don't think the thecus package will allow you to customize the ffmpeg path......

Path for ffmpeg can be customized and is configured to use the ffmpeg module, which is updated constantly to latest version.

Edited by outkastm