Collections question

skynet600
Go to solution Solved by aspdend,

skynet600

Being from the old school I still have folder based collections in my file structure.  In recent versions the collections like this was broken but I don't want to open old wounds here.  My question is on comparing the two methods.  With the folder based method I can see the parent collections image in the collections area but I see the individual films in movies/all area.

By contrast if I use the Emby collection creation method, I see the parent image in both areas. 

Are both of the above correct and intended functionality?  Do I really need to do one or the other to keep uniformity?  In my opinion if I wanted to see collections I would do to collections and if I want to see all films I would expect to see all individually listed in the all area.

• Solution
aspdend

There is a tick box under display (iirc) that gives yo uthe option to 'collapse movies into collections (or some other such wording) - if that is unchecked then when you are browsing the movies, you would see the individual films and if checked, then you would see the collection poster instead.

• Like 2

skynet600

Thanks. I had "Group movies into collections" checked which caused the folders to show in the all area. This doesn't explain the reason for both formats in the first place though. Is it because Emby hasn't been told the legacy ones are actually collections and it is by virtue of the folder structure that they show up in collections?