client for LG TV (WebOS1 aka Netcast)

vangeliis

vangeliis

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, but is there a better client for Emby rather than the build-in LG media player app (smart share)?

TIA,

Vangeliis

mastrmind11

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, but is there a better client for Emby rather than the build-in LG media player app (smart share)?

TIA,

Vangeliis

for now: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40456-screenplay-for-webos-20-and-higher-tvs/page-1

the official app has also been submitted to LG for approval.

vangeliis

Hi mastrmind11

Many thanks for your reply.

I did a search on the LG app store for Screenplay but got no hit. Does Screenplay support WebOS1 or WebOS2 and above? Will the official Emby app support WebOS1?

Regards,

Vangeliis

mastrmind11

Hi mastrmind11

Many thanks for your reply.

I did a search on the LG app store for Screenplay but got no hit. Does Screenplay support WebOS1 or WebOS2 and above? 

Regards,

Vangeliis

Read the title of the thread I posted.

• 1 year later...
adrian77

Hi... I need a Media Player for my LG 47LA6200 with Netcast.. since the orginal app (smartshare) is unable to let me choose Audio Track and Subtittles, when I want to play via USB.

In the LGapptv.com  I can´t find any player for USB-drive source,  they are many players but for IPTV or Server Streaming.

Any help???

Edited by adrian77

vangeliis

Hi... I need a Media Player for my LG 47LA6200 with Netcast.. since the orginal app (smartshare) is unable to let me choose Audio Track and Subtittles, when I want to play via USB.

In the LGapptv.com  I can´t find any player for USB-drive source,  they are many players but for IPTV or Server Streaming.

Any help???

Hi @@adrian77

Is DLNA a possibility rather that USB?

Edited by vangeliis

vangeliis

If your TV has an ethernet port you could use a pair of powerline adapters to bring wired network to your TV? I have been used powerline adaptors for years now and had to issues with streaming.

adrian77

If your TV has an ethernet port you could use a pair of powerline adapters to bring wired network to your TV? I have been used powerline adaptors for years now and had to issues with streaming.

Hi.. at this moment i`m in my mom house, in bed recovering from a accident, I can`t mess with cables and tech stuff, I just brought my Usb Harddrive  and I want to enjoy my files... Because that I´m looking for a APP solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, that is a netcast model, which we currently do not have an app for. We are investigating it though.

vangeliis

@@adrian77

I think the easiest way to do what you want is to get yourself a chromecast stick or fire stick or roku ( I would recommend a shield tv but pricier) and cast directly to your TV from your PC.