Airplay not working

space2001

space2001

Very Weird issue. I have a Apple TV and a chromecast at my office. When I load up the ios app, the casting button shows my devices at home not on my current network. Also it does not show the airplay button when playing the video because it seems to not see the apple tv. Even though I can see it through Itunes.

I am using IOS11.

Thanks.

Chromecast will work fine but we have not explicitly added any airplay support. But when video is playing I think you can cast to airplay using the the device.

space2001

Correct you can do Screen Mirroring. The issue is there I can't use my phone. Also the Quality is poor.  Can we get Airplay Support.  Thanks would be great.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
steve1977

This would indeed be terrific. Airplay is supported through a device, but a native implementation would make a huge difference. Even more so with airplay-2.

What are the possible airplay targets? Apple tv, right? We already support sending media to our apple tv app via remote control.

steve1977

Plenty more if you think of music. I don't care too much about streaming video, but it would be really exciting to play my music playlists to a large set of airplay speakers. Current non-native implementation si a bit complex and doesn't meet the WAF ;-)

Yeah, for video it's pretty much Apple TV... music/audio, you could send to Apple's HomePod speaker, Sonos speakers (select models include Airplay support), and many other WiFi-enabled speakers too.

steve1977

If you are into audio, you should try. Apple's airplay-2 is really great. Above is just a short list of speaker brands. There are many more and also many hifi receivers support it natively (Denon, etc.). Technically, emby already supports it today, but a native implementation (just sending, not receiving) would make a difference.

steve1977

Yes that makes sense.

Can you or anyone else move it? Or you prefer for me to create a new post with a FR? Would really make a big difference to implement this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One other scenario is that I have some of the old Apple TVs that don’t support the Emby App. I typically use my iPad to project using airplay. I can currently do using mirroring, but the quality is much worse than apps that project. You can also imagine being places where you have your phone/iPad, but it’s not your Apple TV.

• 2 months later...
battty

Hi!

I didn’t know where else to post this:

No offence but your version of airplay does not make any sense. I have apple tv’s all around my house and If I am on my iPhone i just want to airplay straight from Emby once I have found what I want to start or continue watching. With normal airplay, I can do that and it will activate my Apple TV and then turn on my TV as well. With the Emby version of airplay, the Apple TV, the TV itself and the Emby Apple TV app all have to be running before I can select the device I want to airplay to. This kind of defeats the purpose. I may as well just watch what I was going to airplay using the Apple TV.

Is this something that Emby is aware of and looking to fix?

Thanks for an Awesome platform.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Airplay works the same as an external screen but you have to initiate it from the control center. If we want to initiate from the app we'll need to add a dedicated button for that. It's something we can look at in a future update to the app. Thanks.