Remember Audio position Unset Content

Catsrules
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Catsrules

Hello everyone.

I have a media library that is for Podcasts. So far it has been a really good experience with podcasts except one thing. Audio podcasts do not remember their last position.(no resuming). I believe if I set the content as Books it would work as Books are for audiobook, in this case it would remember. However my podcast folder has video and audio because of this books will not work as the video podcasts are filtered out.   

Is there a way to enabled audio resuming on a mixed content library?

Catsrules

Hi @@Catsrules, no, you would need to use the audio books content type. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Thanks for the reply,

I don't have an audio book content type, I do have Book content type. I was under the impression that book is the audio book content type. Am I wrong about that?

If I use the book content type the audio podcast works, however the video podcast don't show up anymore so that doesn't work for me as I have both audio and video content in the podcast library.  

The only solution I can think of is splitting the video and audio podcast into two separate libraries that isn't the best solution for me but it would work. I just was hoping there was another option for me.

Catsrules

Yea sorry I meant Books. That supports resume for audio.

It doesn't support video at all from what I can tell. I have a video podcast and they are filtered out of the book library completely. 

The only solution I can think of is splitting the video and audio podcast into two separate libraries that isn't the best solution for me but it would work. I just was hoping there was another option for me.

Catsrules

We don't have a single content type for both at the moment. It's a possibility for the future.

Ok, thanks for the info, I will just split them up. 

I would throw that into the suggestion box. (I am sure it getting very full :) )

Or maybe a way to create our own custom content types, letting us choose resume support and what files type to allow etc.