Can't delete duplicate music genre

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

Hi,

I have a duplicate genre on a music library.

59c9555633f28_Capturar.png

I have already checked all MP3 tags, deleted NFOs and XMLs on the artist\albun folders.

On the tags there is only the "Balada Americana" with the uppercase "A".

Moving the artist\abum folders out of the library causes both genres not to be displayed but when I return them back, Emby recreates the duplicate genre.

I am running Emby Server version 3.2.32.0 on a Windows 10 box.

How can I proceed to get rid of the second genre?

server-63641950839.txt

Hi, you don't delete the genre. What you do is update the tags in your audio files, and then the genre should go away with a library scan. Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

ginjaninja

from your log it looks like you have two types of tag..

one with small a - americana and one with large A - Americana.

a utility like mp3tag can show 'extended tags' to find all these spurious tags...

mp3tag's 'file-remove tags' can remove different tag versions so no chance of 'cross purposes'

ultimately emby uses the output of ffprobe to populate genres..running ffprobe against your files will confirm exactly which one(s) is/are causing issue..but something like mp3tag will be needed to fix.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

EduardoSantos
Dear sirs,

Thanks for your answer. 

I am currently using MP3Tag to tag all mp3 files. I have already triple-checked and there are no double tags: only the uppercase format is being used.

For the sake of doubt, I removed all those existing files from the library and created a single new MP3 file tagged by MP3Tag.

After removal of the existing MP3 files, Emby deleted both uppercase and lowercase genres.

After insertion of the newly created MP3 file, Emby showed both upper and lowercase genres again.

Also, though there are other double word genres with mixed upper and lowercase on my music library but Emby only shows two separate genres for this "Balada Americana"/"Balada americana".

For all other double word genres, no matter they have mixed upper and lowercases, Emby will show only one instance.

Please, help me solve this mystery.

This is a premium installation and customer is asking for an answer....

Edited by EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

I also included below the results of the ffprobe command for that single newly created file:

ffprobe -v error -show_format -show_streams "C:\Users\Public\Music\Artista Eduardo\Album Eduardo\01 Musica Eduardo.mp3" 

[STREAM]
index=0
codec_name=mp3
codec_long_name=MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)
profile=unknown
codec_type=audio
codec_time_base=1/44100
codec_tag_string=[0][0][0][0]
codec_tag=0x0000
sample_fmt=s16p
sample_rate=44100
channels=2
channel_layout=stereo
bits_per_sample=0
id=N/A
r_frame_rate=0/0
avg_frame_rate=0/0
time_base=1/14112000
start_pts=353600
start_time=0.025057
duration_ts=6228541440
duration=441.364898
bit_rate=320000
max_bit_rate=N/A
bits_per_raw_sample=N/A
nb_frames=N/A
nb_read_frames=N/A
nb_read_packets=N/A
DISPOSITION:default=0
DISPOSITION:dub=0
DISPOSITION:original=0
DISPOSITION:comment=0
DISPOSITION:lyrics=0
DISPOSITION:karaoke=0
DISPOSITION:forced=0
DISPOSITION:hearing_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:visual_impaired=0
DISPOSITION:clean_effects=0
DISPOSITION:attached_pic=0
TAG:encoder=LAME3.99r
[SIDE_DATA]
side_data_type=Replay Gain
side_data_size=16
[/SIDE_DATA]
[/STREAM]
[FORMAT]
filename=C:\Users\Public\Music\Artista Eduardo\Album Eduardo\01 Musica Eduardo.mp3
nb_streams=1
nb_programs=0
format_name=mp3
format_long_name=MP2/3 (MPEG audio layer 2/3)
start_time=0.025057
duration=441.364898
size=17658127
bit_rate=320064
probe_score=51
TAG:album=Album Eduardo
TAG:artist=Artista Eduardo
TAG:album_artist=Artista Eduardo
TAG:composer=Compositor Eduardo
TAG:genre=Balada Americana
TAG:title=Musica Eduardo
TAG:track=1
TAG:date=1984
[/FORMAT]

PenkethBoy

i had this a couple of months ago

the way i fixed the issue was to correct the source of the upper and lower case tags(genres) in the media files - with mp3tag

then go into the  library.db directly and delete the duplicate entry with the lower case text

when you remove a media file with incorrect tags the Emby clean up does not delete the genre entries from the database unfortunately - as you are seeing

You will need "DB Browser for SQL Lite" to do the deletion of the record you do not want. Make a copy of your Library.DB first with Emby shutdown then open the the db in the browser.

Go to "Browse Data" tab - pick the "TypedbaseItems" table then filter in the "Type" field with "MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.MusicGenre" and look at the following fields Name, Sortname, Clean Name and you should be able to see which row has the lowercase A in your case. Delete the row and then save the file.

Run up Emby and hopefully the duplicate entry should be gone.

If you dont want to do the above then you could just delete the library.db (with Emby shut down) and it will get recreated without the error assuming you have corrected all the input files first after you rescan your media etc

Edited by PenkethBoy

Happy2Play

the way i fixed the issue was to correct the source of the upper and lower case tags(genres) in the media files - with mp3tag

then go into the  library.db directly and delete the duplicate entry with the lower case text

when you remove a media file with incorrect tags the Emby clean up does not delete the genre entries from the database unfortunately - as you are seeing

You will need "DB Browser for SQL Lite" to do the deletion of the record you do not want. Make a copy of your Library.DB first with Emby shutdown then open the the db in the browser.

Go to "Browse Data" tab - pick the "TypedbaseItems" table then filter in the "Type" field with "MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.MusicGenre" and look at the following fields Name, Sortname, Clean Name and you should be able to see which row has the lowercase A in your case. Delete the row and then save the file.

If you dont want to do the above then you could just delete the library.db (with Emby shut down) and it will get recreated without the error assuming you have corrected all the input files first after you rescan your media etc

Rename/bakup this db as your userdata is stored there also, it this is the route you take,

EduardoSantos

Yes, @@Luke, I forced a library scan.

In fact there was a library scan previous to adding the mp3 file wich caused both genres to disapear, then added the mp3 file and another scan wich made both genres come back.

EduardoSantos

Rename/bakup this db as your userdata is stored there also, it this is the route you take,

Thank you very much, @@Happy2Play,

I will proceed just as you mentioned to tackle my customer problem but will keep the original db as @@Luke may find a way to solve the problem and improve Emby.

Anyway I will post the results.

EduardoSantos

It worked like a charm!

Thank you very, very much!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Installed DB Browser for SQL Lite and then edited the table according to the above directions.

By chance have you Refreshed your Music library to see if it comes back?

EduardoSantos

Yes,

First with the sole mp3 created for testing purposes.
Then I brought all the content back and did various library scans.

I also detected a second genre with the sabe problem and solved it by using the same method.

Zero problems now.

(I kept he defective db for the sake of debug in case @@Luke asked for it)

Thanks everybody

• Like 1