Populating images/metadata offline?

jriker1

If I wanted to have a Windows computer running Emby that was not on the network, is there a way to populate the metadata, both text information and images manually?  A tool perhaps that can pre-populate each movie folder with it's metadata and Emby can read that information directly from the folders?

Happy2Play

All tools are going to need a internet connection to populate information.

Yes Emby can read metadata and images directly for media folders.  Default metadata format is nfo files, but there is a plugin to read xml.  As for the manual process yes you can manually edit all media that will save a nfo to the media folder or to database depending on your settings, images can be uploaded via the UI or put directly into media folder.

Have a look at the wiki for image naming scheme if putting direct in media folders

"all" require internet?  Let's clarify that.  What if I have the NFO file and the art files in the folder of the movies already, either generated by a third party app, or because I use Emby for my main media server and store all the image art in the movies folder, and am copying those folders to this what I'll call appliance Windows NUC computer, those images are already in the movie folders.

Thanks.

JR

"all" require internet?  Let's clarify that.  What if I have the NFO file and the art files in the folder of the movies already, either generated by a third party app, or because I use Emby for my main media server and store all the image art in the movies folder, and am copying those folders to this what I'll call appliance Windows NUC computer, those images are already in the movie folders.

Thanks.

JR

Then, as long as those files follow the proper standards, Emby will see and use them.