Screensaver - ?

kanipek
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

kanipek

I am not seeing the Android TV screensaver activating when I pause a show in Emby for Android TV.

I understand we are relying on the Android TV screensaver for Emby and that there is not one coded into Emby. I have my Shield screensaver set to 5 minutes and it does work, but not when Emby is paused. I believe it did at some point but I can't say that for certain.

If Emby is open (not paused) the Android TV screensaver does start at the 5 minute mark.

This is v1.4.52g for Android TV.

Thanks for reading and any help!

It works on my Shield.

Do you have the screensaver set up?

I use the PhotoGuru Media Player app as my screensaver.

kanipek

It works on my Shield.

Do you have the screensaver set up?

I use the PhotoGuru Media Player app as my screensaver.

As I tried to say in my post yes it is setup and it does work (after 5 minutes) except when I have something paused in Emby. What ever the default photo/screen shot screensaver that comes with the Shield is what I am using.

• Solution

We deliberately do not allow it to kick in during media playback - even when paused because we have to shut the player down if we allow that and that would lose your place in Live TV.

• Like 1

As I tried to say in my post yes it is setup and it does work (after 5 minutes) except when I have something paused in Emby. What ever the default photo/screen shot screensaver that comes with the Shield is what I am using.

Sorry I misread that.

No screensaver during playback or paused playback as EBR says.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
CBers

What would be better, is if Emby could monitor the pause time and issue a STOP command after say 3, 5 or 10 minutes, which would negate the need for a screensaver during pausing.

@@ebr would that be possible?

• Like 1

What would be better, is if Emby could monitor the pause time and issue a STOP command after say 3, 5 or 10 minutes, which would negate the need for a screensaver during pausing.

@@ebr would that be possible?

Yes but it would make it impossible for people to pause Live TV for any longer than that.

• Like 1

troyhough

Yes but it would make it impossible for people to pause Live TV for any longer than that.

Count me in as preferring the screensaver over being able to pause Live TV!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@ebrThis is outrageous i learned that last night though i love your green ui i would't have to have that burned in to my 5k$ oled what's so hard to understand. 
Make a frigging setting and let people choose i dont want burn in over live tv pause gimmick.

I paid emby premiere i even bought shield to enjoy it fully and now i learn you force screensaver off that's not ok. If there is a list of voting for features let me know so i could cast a vote.

If its too hard on client make. the setting on server to automatically kill streams paused for more than 5 mins that hsould be easier

Edited by gacopl

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious but if you know the screen save won't kick in then why not exit instead of pause and you'll get your screen saver.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 2