Roku - Please add streaming type back

AnomalousTech
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

AnomalousTech

Hello all, ever since the new Roku layout and all came out when you hit the okay button on the Roku remote you don't get the same info you use to get. One of the nice things to know is if a video is direct playing or transcoding. This helps to know if that may be a reason for buffering or not. I know not many users would probably need or want to know this unless they are a "power" user. I would like to see this tiny piece of information added back. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I don't see any "Debug" options under settings. Can you you give me a navigation break down of where to go? 

While in Settings scroll to the bottom of the list.

AnomalousTech

Debug enabled.

Thank you. Is there a way I can set this globally on my server or would each roku device or other device playing need this turned on individually?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

The next release will introduce a new setting just for this display (and more in the future) so you won't have to enable the debug options to see this information.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

On the OSD as the last little grey tag.

Was going to say where but one has to enable the new option first. v3.0.51

• Like 1

The next release will introduce a new setting just for this display (and more in the future) so you won't have to enable the debug options to see this information.

Thank you so much. This is all that was missing from an otherwise great app!

On the OSD as the last little grey tag.

For media being transcoding, I see it says "Trans" in the info popup, All my media is more often than not transcoded,

What will the text say if its direct playing, I'm assuming it'll say "Direct" - can anyone verify?

What will the text say if its direct playing, I'm assuming it'll say "Direct" - can anyone verify?

Yes.

• Like 1