Can you play Emby music through the Alexa device

mskenny

If I understand how this works now, it seems like I have to choose some device in my house to play my Emby content through.  I can't just have Emby play music through my Echo Dot or through an Echo or Echo Show if I had one.  Is that correct?  Will this be implemented?  Thanks!

• Like 1

That is correct.  We would like to allow that but there are a number of technical challenges to doing it that must be overcome first.

That is correct.  We would like to allow that but there are a number of technical challenges to doing it that must be overcome first.

Thanks.  I'm sure Amazon don't make it easy as they want you buy their subscription.

• 6 months later...
Angelblue05

Yes, it is still a planned feature. I'll be working on updating the Alexa skill very soon and will look to add this feature.

• Like 4

DGMayor

Motivation?

The Plex skill for Alexa has been updated to improve the way you listen to your music library by including support for Artist, Time Travel, and Library radio stations*, recently introduced in Plexamp. That’s right, make your very own radio stations out of your very own music collection! Library radio plays popular songs from artists throughout your entire music library. Time Travel radio starts with the earliest released music and works forward. And our all-new Artist radio plays tracks inspired by your favorite artists.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
popy

+99999  ;)

i am missing such a feature so badly.

Thats so bad from Amazon not to include play music over UPNP, DLNA, any windows/linux file share...

• 3 weeks later...
ptcmarkos

Following this as well, deciding whether to go Alexa or Google Home. If i'm going to invest in any of these it has to be a target for music playback

• 6 months later...
AgileHumor

I love Emby as my server.  My mom/dad use Emby Apps (Theater) too and works great.

At home, I need a little more than Emby theater (like Screen pops for security camera's) that Kodi providers.  Also, there is a Kodi skill too.  Kodi for Emby is more complex, but might be what your looking for. If you do go that route, Koko can help stream your Kodi music library to Alexa: https://lexigr.am/docs/what-is-koko.html

Kanzi is the "Alexa to Kodi TV skill", but much harder to setup than Emby's cloud approach, but this is the other module:  https://lexigr.am/docs/what-is-kanzi.html   

I haven't been able to play with Emby skill much.  98% of the time is says "this skill is no longer available" (even when enabled/linked on my account)...today included.   

Edited by AgileHumor

Angelblue05

I love Emby as my server.  My mom/dad use Emby Apps (Theater) too and works great.

At home, I need a little more than Emby theater (like Screen pops for security camera's) that Kodi providers.  Also, there is a Kodi skill too.  Kodi for Emby is more complex, but might be what your looking for. If you do go that route, Koko can help: https://lexigr.am/docs/what-is-koko.html

Kanzi is the "Alexa to Kodi skill", but much harder to setup than Emby's cloud approach.  https://lexigr.am/docs/what-is-kanzi.html   

I haven't been able to play with Emby skill much.  98% of the time is says "this skill is no longer available" (even when enabled/linked on my account)...today included.   

I have asked support about this issue. I was told that you should do disable the skill and then redownload the skill from the store. They said if this happens, it indicates it's still looking at the suppressed skill somehow.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

AgileHumor

I have asked support about this issue. I was told that you should do disable the skill and then redownload the skill from the store. They said if this happens, it indicates it's still looking at the suppressed skill somehow.

Do you have the URL of the old skill?  I disabled all of them, but still gives that error when I say "alexa, open emby".  I've waited a day before re-enabling, same issue.

I think I tried the early version of the skill, and it's been "ghosting me" ever since.  

Angelblue05

Do you have the URL of the old skill?  I disabled all of them, but still gives that error when I say "alexa, open emby".  I've waited a day before re-enabling, same issue.

I think I tried the early version of the skill, and it's been "ghosting me" ever since.  

Just to make sure, are you saying "emby home"? Because that is the correct invocation name.

Edited by Angelblue05

AgileHumor

Just to make sure, are you saying "emby home"? Because that is the correct invocation name.

Ya, I've tried :(  Got all happy when I noticed that a few weeks back, no luck.

Soraia-Magalh%C3%A3es-biblioo-al%C3%A9m-

Angelblue05

The old skill doesn't exist. There's no link to it because it was removed completely.

Are you able to confirm she hears emby home in your history? Sorry, they were not very helpful in the dev forums, have you tried to contact support?

http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards

More info the better, I will open a new post for your situation, because this cannot stand.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Maybe I can invite you to beta? PM your amazon email, I'll add you right now. Maybe that will help somehow?

Worth a try.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2018 at 6:57 PM, Angelblue05 said:

Maybe I can invite you to beta? PM your amazon email, I'll add you right now. Maybe that will help somehow?

Worth a try.

Hello Angelblue , I m interesting on that invitation ... can I recibe it? My Amazon email es figazza@gmail.com

thanks a lot

Bernardo

On 8/31/2020 at 1:49 PM, baks said:

Hello Angelblue , I m interesting on that invitation ... can I recibe it? My Amazon email es figazza@gmail.com

thanks a lot

Bernardo

Hi, we are working on this and hopefully we will have something ready for testing soon. Stay tuned.