Problem since recent server updates

bazzabent
Go to solution Solved by arecad98,

Not sure if it's related but on latest version of server and beta version of non 4k Apple TV. I have a show completely encoded in HEVC and after I updated to TVOS11, whether related or not (as it could also be latest server which I updated at the same time) - I get this error when playing "This content cannot be played because its format is not compatible with Apple TV" - It used to transcode this show.

Video specs:

Video ID : 1 Format : HEVC Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding Format profile : Main@L3.1@Main Codec ID : hev1 Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding Duration : 43 min 42 s Bit rate : 416 kb/s Width : 1 280 pixels Height : 720 pixels Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate mode : Constant Frame rate : 23.976 FPS Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.019 Stream size : 130 MiB (75%) Writing library : x265 1.8+1-5dcc9d3a928c400b:[Windows][GCC 5.2.0][64 bit] 8bit Encoding settings : wpp / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / max-tu-size=32 / tu-intra-depth=1 / tu-inter-depth=1 / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / no-rect / no-amp / max-merge=2 / temporal-mvp / no-early-skip / rdpenalty=0 / no-tskip / no-tskip-fast / strong-intra-smoothing / no-lossless / no-cu-lossless / no-constrained-intra / no-fast-intra / open-gop / no-temporal-layers / interlace=0 / keyint=250 / min-keyint=23 / scenecut=40 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=0 / bframes=4 / bframe-bias=0 / b-adapt=2 / ref=3 / limit-refs=0 / weightp / no-weightb / aq-mode=1 / qg-size=32 / aq-strength=1.00 / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rd=3 / psy-rd=0.30 / rdoq-level=0 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / signhide / deblock / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / b-pyramid / cutree / rc=abr / bitrate=432 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 Language : English Menus : 3

Audio

Audio ID : 2 Format : AAC Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Format profile : LC Codec ID : 40 Duration : 43 min 43 s Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 128 kb/s Channel(s) : 2 channels Channel positions : Front: L R Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf) Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 40.2 MiB (23%) Language : English Default : Yes Alternate group : 1 Menus : 3

Can you please show us the media info for this item from the web app?  Thx.

Can you please show us the media info for this item from the web app?  Thx.

Here it is:

Media Info
Video

CodecHEVC
Codec taghev1
ProfileMain
Level93
Resolution1280x720
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.9759865
Bitrate416 kbps
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
Audio

Languageeng
CodecAAC
Codec tagmp4a
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate128 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultYes
TitleEng AAC stereo Default
Subtitle

Languageeng
CodecSRT
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalYes
TitleEng

• 3 weeks later...
arecad98

Here it is:

Media Info
Video

CodecHEVC
Codec taghev1
ProfileMain
Level93
Resolution1280x720
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.9759865
Bitrate416 kbps
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
Audio

Languageeng
CodecAAC
Codec tagmp4a
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate128 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultYes
TitleEng AAC stereo Default
Subtitle

Languageeng
CodecSRT
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalYes
TitleEng

Any ideas on what it could be? Latest server and Apple TV beta app does not fix it. Still getting ""This content cannot be played because its format is not compatible with Apple TV"

Restarted - same error.

I cannot see any reason why that item wouldn't play as long as you are on tvOS 11.

Can you please confirm the version number you see in the user settings menu?

Also, would it be possible for you to get me this file so I can test with it?

Thanks.

arecad98

I cannot see any reason why that item wouldn't play as long as you are on tvOS 11.

Can you please confirm the version number you see in the user settings menu?

Also, would it be possible for you to get me this file so I can test with it?

Thanks.

Version is 1.1.03 Beta

How can I send you the video to test?

arecad98

Okay, please restart the app (be sure to truly close it) and try again.  Thanks.

I closed the app (swipe away) and restarted the apple tv - same error on that series - not compatible.

I closed the app (swipe away) and restarted the apple tv - same error on that series - not compatible.

Hmmm... The sample you gave me plays for me now.

The problem is that there are two flavors of HEVC and the one this video is encoded with (hev1) is not compatible with the Apple TV.  It only supports hvc1.  The app should be recognizing that now and transcoding it.  You are on the beta, correct?

arecad98

Hmmm... The sample you gave me plays for me now.

The problem is that there are two flavors of HEVC and the one this video is encoded with (hev1) is not compatible with the Apple TV. It only supports hvc1. The app should be recognizing that now and transcoding it. You are on the beta, correct?

Yes I am on the latest beta.

• Solution
arecad98

Okay, one more time, please re-start the app and try to play it.

Thanks.

It is working now. Thank you very much!

• Like 1