Emby Server Update Lag for Synology

stratumorien

stratumorien

I am aware that this is not a new topic but as the most recent thread on this subject is closed I am starting a new one.  It is misleading to announce a new version of the server on a platform where it is not yet available. "Please got o DSM and download... blah blah blah" it is not there.... <I know its a generic message but still misleading>

I sincerely request that updates go out for all platforms that are supported at once or that announcements for updates are specific for the platforms when available. 

Sincerely,

Brian <a subscriber>

Take a look at what's happening with the Asustor package. Synology will get the same treatment when it's turn comes.

• Like 1

solabc16

Hello @@stratumorien

After much thought, all I can say is I’m disappointed by your post. The team work really hard to deliver a reliable build for Synology/XPEnology across over two dozen different architectures, so it takes a bit of time time.

We were actually working on 3.2.31.0, but this was quickly followed up by 3.2.32.0, so we stopped work on that and switched to this release. Either way, the release was made available within 48hrs. Was there a specific feature you’ve been waiting to be made available? If you want more rapid releases, then consider switching to the beta channel.

I have requested a delay be implemented so that notification does not appear immediately the main release is made available, perhaps it will be included in a future build.

These platforms are slightly more complex to support than say a vanilla Windows machine, so that expectation should be set accordingly.

Best

- James

stratumorien

@@solabc16 and @@Luke

Apologies for disappointing you and the team; I simply made a sincere request that updates realease together or that the update not be anounced on platforms where they are not available.... I noticed this morning 3.2.32 is available now and I updated....

However, now the server will not run.... If I start Emby it spontaneous stops after a short period of time.  

Currently I am uncertain of the best course of action regarding my media. I pay both to support Emby development as well as to gain functionality for Live TV/DVR.  In recent weeks Emby performance on Synology has cause some struggle and I have annoyed family members who cant seem to either watch the shows they want or reliable record them for later viewing.

Forgive me if my post came from the point of view of a customer who is also disappointed. For now I would just like to get Emby up and running again with stability.

-Br

Edited by stratumorien

solabc16

Have you opened a thread for the two issues above? We'll need the logs to look at the "If I start Emby it spontaneous stops after a short period of time." issue.

Regarding the performance degrading in recent weeks, did this coincide with a specific update? It would be more likely that it is a result of some other dynamic changing in the system. Have you added or changed a significant amount of media on your system? Are you running any plugins?

If you can provide some more information, we can help.

Best

- James

stratumorien

Hi @@solabc16

I would post a log but couldn't get the server to run since the last update. Performance issues are specifically related to Live TV functions. Guide browsing has improved on clients but I continue to have issues with watching live TV while shows are recording because record_transcode still does not take advantage of hardware... a request I have made that goes months back. I have since removed emby server from my synology and put back to work my Intel NUC D54250wyk which has tested with its own set of troubles this weekend as intel quick sync is not performing as it had in the past due to what I have gleamed as ffmpeg issue.

In summary, my media has not grown significantly, I use no plugins.... on various architectures I have issues with transcoding/playback issues 95% related to live TV. My wife has given up on recording shows as of today and asked me to buy/try silcon dust dvr subscription... (I do not want this).

I appreciate all your help

Bri

Edited by stratumorien

solabc16

Hi @@stratumorien

In this case the best way to get me some more information would be to run the diagnostics and sendlogs utilities, you can find the instructions on the Wiki:-

Diagnostics : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

Send Logs : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James