Unable to launch Configurator

zombieagain

zombieagain

Hi,

I wanted to change some settings for external players today, but I receive a critical error when I try to launch it. Please see the screenshot and the configurator log. If I press ok pn the error and try to click on anything in the configurator it will just close. I rebooted the PC just in case and the result is the same.

Any ideas? I'm running version 129 of MBC and  3.0.5171.19958 of the server.

Other than this issue everything MBC works great.

Thanks,

Zombieagain

530f8a22d0008_Capture.png

Configurator-27220141e0180b4856c415b8b305c3f7aed5b55.log

It is not able to find your media center installation.  Assuming this machine does have Media Center on it, try un-installing MBC and then re-installing it.

JeremyFr79

I had this issue in the past when an update to Server hid all my user profiles, once I unhid them server side configurator worked fine.

zombieagain

Thanks! Uninstalling and reinstalling MBC did the trick. I did update from windows 8 to 8.1 a couple of weeks back and probably I haven't launched the configurator since then. Maybe the OS upgrade cause this issue. Anyway, everything is great again now.

Hey ebr, will you eventually move the external player configuration in the main MBC UI too?

Hey ebr, will you eventually move the external player configuration in the main MBC UI too?

Probably not anytime soon as it is fairly complex and low-value (for people who don't use external players).