Running Emby Server Behind VPN

Guest 004940

LiamThomso

Yes, there are situations when it is very simple and you just need to find another VPN provider. Sometimes we don't see easy solutions and we are trying to solve everything in a very hard way, without observing what is around us. So, if Plex had problems with your IP, than it means that you did something wrong on a forum and your IP isn't clean anymore. And if you try to go on another streaming platform. You will face the same thing as well even with the vpn. Anyways, here you can find good providers that will pass through all kinds of blocks.

Edited by LiamThomso

• 3 years later...
JuJuJurassic

Hi 🙂

I'm also looking at doing this, my aim is;

Allow connections into the Emby server from my family across the internet. From what I've read that would require me to set up a port on the VPN to forward to the Emby server. However my question is; if Emby went to the web for its IPTV, would the IPTV access go through the VPN?

I also noted that AirVPN was recommended. Does anyone have any recommendations on VPNs they use that work well?

I'm running Emby on Ubuntu 20.04.x

Thanks

3 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Hi 🙂

I'm also looking at doing this, my aim is;

Allow connections into the Emby server from my family across the internet. From what I've read that would require me to set up a port on the VPN to forward to the Emby server. However my question is; if Emby went to the web for its IPTV, would the IPTV access go through the VPN?

I also noted that AirVPN was recommended. Does anyone have any recommendations on VPNs they use that work well?

I'm running Emby on Ubuntu 20.04.x

Thanks

Hi, put it this way, everything would route through your emby server, so if there's a vpn on the server, yes.