Trialers do not play, referencing wrong location

sproon

Hello,

I have enabled cinema mode in emby to play local trailers and I also have radeon's plugin to grab all the youtube videos for all the movies I own. Ever since I enabled this feature, it works for some, but others it fails to play and just goes back to the movie details page. I have noticed that in the logs, it is trying to grab the trailer from the wrong subdirectory. The following is my setup:

Movies

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus.mkv

Hocus Pokus-trailer.mp4

etc...

The logs indicate that it looking for the file in the Movies directory. Can I force a refresh for trailer file locations?

2017-09-18 14:07:32.920 Info HttpResultFactory: Transmit file /media/Videos/Movies/Hocus Pocus-trailer.mp4
2017-09-18 14:07:32.922 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.30.0
Command line: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
Operating system: Unix 11.0.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Mono: 4.6.1 (Stable 4.6.1.5/ef43c15 Mon Jun 12 05:53:22 UTC 2017)
Processor count: 6
Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
Application directory: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/media/Videos/Movies/Hocus Pocus-trailer.mp4".
File name: '/media/Videos/Movies/Hocus Pocus-trailer.mp4'
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0021a] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream (System.String path, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileOpenMode mode, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileAccessMode access, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileShareMode share, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions) [0x00048] in <bca8b5d7021b4938b7d817ac76d90e79>:0
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpResponseStream+<TransmitFileManaged>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x0006f] in <374c22ee1ada4254b1488dcd444aa721>:0

What happens if you manually download a trailer and put it in the proper location, scan the library, and try to play it. What happens then?

It doesn't seem to be an issue with trailers in a wrong location, I don't have anything other than movie folders based on the standard nameing convention for emby in the Movies directory. The permissions are set globally as well. I did a full scan of the Movies directory and it appears to not have helped.

Here is some more information on the issue: This seems to happen about 50% every time I start to play a movie and cinema mode begins to play a random trailer.

What is even more confusing is that when I navigate to the movie and play the trailer from the movie details screen, it plays just fine. So it seems to be a disconnect between where cinema mode thinks the location of the trailer is vs the metadata. 

​I also used to have all my movies as files in the Movie directory, but moved them to subdirectories so that I can take advantage of radeon's tools so that could have caused the confusion too.

root@freenas:/mnt/backup/jails/emby_1/media/Videos/Movies/Hocus Pocus # ls -l
total 4321050
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 emby    embyshare           3 Sep  3 22:25 backdrops
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 emby    embyshare     1862772 Sep  3 22:26 Hocus Pocus-trailer.mp4
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 sproon  embyshare  4420799456 Mar  9  2016 Hocus Pocus.mkv
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 emby    embyshare      898379 Sep  3 20:43 theme.mp3

Sure, but how can I get it to play that specific trailer that I redownload when cinema mode will randomly play a trailer? I have a 1/700 chance of hitting the same one.

Ok i think what's happening is after you moved the file there is still an old entry hanging around in the database, so our cleanup procedures need to be looked at regarding that. thanks.