When emby Server is offline Titan display a weird GUI

e123enitan

e123enitan

I have always wondering why, when the server is offline, emby4kodi (E4K) menus such movies, tv show, sport  etc that stored in Video>Addon>Emby are gone, until the server is back online.

The implication of  this that I have noticed over time is that Titan menus will also disappear, due to the fact the dependent information to display the menus are also gone, leaving a very unpleasant user interface on the skin, even the Live Tv menu which depend on PVR addon is not aligned to any menu so it make it difficult to lunch Live Tv. 

Also the same issue was noticed with EmbyCon/Titan, when the server is offline all the favorites that Titan Skin depends are gone, give Titan weird a look, until when the server is back online was able to connect with Kodi.

Its possible to have these information retain regardless of when the server is on/off.  

Has any one noticed the same issue, or it's just me!

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

I suppose it would be possible to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I suppose it would be possible to some extent.

Appreciate that, when kid goes Dad why my kodi screen is weird, I just have to say @@angel -B is working her magic to fix things stay tune, another stress relief from kids :):):) Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Yeah, I've had no internet for the past four days. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

• Like 1

e123enitan

Yeah, I've had no internet for the past four days. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

Hi May I bother U, just want ask if progress have been make on this request, or may I should first ask if you have you internet working?

Thanks

• Like 1

e123enitan

Actually we need to thank for your endless supports families sincerely appreciate your efforts, we owe you a chocolates

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Thanks, I will give a test drive and report issues and observation

on a clean LE, I got an error message when I tried to install 2.3.53a something like dependence is missing, then I install the beta 2.3.52, which was successful, then I went to update with 2.3.53a this time the system accepted it, but I noticed the addon version #, still remain as 2.3.52, I am wondering if I have updated with 2.3.53a,, how do I confirm its  2.3.53a?Thank You VERY MUCH

e123enitan

on a clean LE, I got an error message when I tried to install 2.3.53a something like dependence is missing, then I install the beta 2.3.52, which was successful, then I went to update with 2.3.53a this time the system accepted it, but I noticed the addon version #, still remain as 2.3.52, I am wondering if I have updated with 2.3.53a,, how do I confirm its  2.3.53a?Thank You VERY MUCH

The process is scanning through the media server, it might take a while due to the size of the media, once the process finished I shall power off the server, also wile power off/on Kodi to determine if the profile retained after the server is offline, as expected.

Thanks

e123enitan

The process is scanning through the media server, it might take a while due to the size of the media, once the process finished I shall power off the server, also wile power off/on Kodi to determine if the profile retained after the server is offline, as expected.

Thanks

Hi the situation did not change, when the server is offline, Kodi did not display the user nodes, it does appear that when the addon indicated it updated in actual fact it did nothing. I could get U a log if you wish.

Thanks

Angelblue05

What is the shortcut action? Works here, hmm. Provide your log, yes.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

What is the shortcut action? Works here, hmm. Provide your log, yes.

My apology, it works like a charm, intially when I install the addon, It wont display the 2.3.53a, but when I wakeup and ready your response I proceeds to check Kodi, to my surprise, the test vesrion now display. I loaded Titan skin, power off server, restart Kodi, Waoooo everything is working as expected, I noticed that the skin response and start up is quiet impressive as it appears very fast compare to previous ( just a visual comparison).

What else can say, you make my family extremely happy, and saved me alots of Q&A from children of the corn. LOL, I haven't spotted any issue so far,  may I suggest that the addon 2.3.53a  be rollout as test alternative for people to review for comments/improvements.

Cheer! I definately owe U a Big Chocolates, look out for your PP soon.

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Awesome! Whew, I got worried when you said it wasn't working :)

Yes, I fixed a few things related to connecting to the server, so you should see a good speed up when first booting Kodi.

• Like 1

e123enitan

Awesome! Whew, I got worried when you said it wasn't working :)

Yes, I fixed a few things related to connecting to the server, so you should see a good speed up when first booting Kodi.

its awesome, I am 101% sure almot of users will love and appreciate this new features, even Kodi start up loads very fast espacially on windows system, although I noticed improvement  in low power amlogic LE. There is one other feature in mind that I think might improve mainly low powered system, but for now I would let the dust settled on this first.

Great work as ALWAYS. :) :) :) thanks in a million

Cheers!

• Like 1

e123enitan

Hi, I am not sure why unless i installed  2.3.52,  2.3.53a will not install, is that how it's suppose to work, each tried 2.3.53a without 2.3.52, I get dependencies error, do you need me to provide a log.

Thanks 

Angelblue05

Yeah, emby for kodi uses dependencies, so this will happen on clean installs. The dependencies can be found here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repository

You'll see in the source you add in the guide, public testing > dependencies. Install requests first.

This is not a bug, it's just because kodi can't find the dependencies if you don't install via the emby repo (unless they are already installed).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

HI I am seeing several errors ,  I am not certain if they relates to E4K, could you pls review and advice.

Thanks

Log Angel.txt

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

HI I am seeing several errors ,  I am not certain if they relates to E4K, could you pls review and advice.

Thanks

attachicon.gifLog Angel.txt

@Angelblue, something strange happen when I start PVR LiveTV either Dvbviewer or Stalker, I notice emby kodi seem to be interfering, could you please look into this and why might this be. Also I am not sure if  some of the error patterns to the Skin.

Appreciated your inputs!

19:19:55.834 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"channeltype":"tv","id":8349,"title":"RT International","type":"channel"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
19:19:55.835 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> kodi_id: 8349 item_type: channel

19:19:57.689 T:544912113888 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
19:20:00.050 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Could not find itemId, cancelling playback report...
19:24:54.262 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Application.OnVolumeChanged Data: {"muted":false,"volume":85.0}
19:24:54.369 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Input.OnInputRequested Data: {"title":"Switch to channel","type":"number","value":"8"}
19:24:55.663 T:546986496224  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Input.OnInputFinished Data: null
19:24:55.844 T:544877813984   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://192.168.1.104:7522/upnp/channelstream/3840.ts
19:24:55.845 T:544877813984 WARNING: HandleMessages - failed to switch channel. playback stopped
19:24:55.845 T:544877813984  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
19:24:55.845 T:544877813984   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.dvbviewer_3909.pvr
19:24:55.846 T:544877813984   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
19:24:55.846 T:544877813984   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
19:24:55.84
Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Try this build

Thanks for looking into the issue, I stll see some errors with new version, pls let me know if any of this related to the skin so I report to mercel in Kodi forum

Log Angel.txt

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Errors left in log have nothing to do with Emby for Kodi.

script.module.metadatautils seems to be throwing all the errors, you'll need to post on the official kodi forums.