Force Transcode Option

QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

Ran into a new issue today, if I try to play a file who's bit-rate is under my max internet streaming bit-rate value then it tries to direct stream it however direct stream doesn't work for whatever reason.

My preferred solution would be to force transcoding for all files even if there's no need to. This would be an option on a user basis or a global option if streaming over the internet i.e. not locally within the network.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind some advanced options for this as well.  Being able to force an A/V transcode has a number of uses.  For me, I have an older TosLink audio system in the den.  It's 5.1 but AACs are downsampled to 2.0.  If I could force a transcode for everything to be AC3 (which my receiver supports as DolbyDigital) it'd be helpful even if, as requested above, it was per-user and I'd have to create a "Steve-Den" user for it.  A small price to pay to not have to re-encode video/add an AC3 track to them.

Guest asrequested

I wouldn't mind some advanced options for this as well. Being able to force an A/V transcode has a number of uses. For me, I have an older TosLink audio system in the den. It's 5.1 but AACs are downsampled to 2.0. If I could force a transcode for everything to be AC3 (which my receiver supports as DolbyDigital) it'd be helpful even if, as requested above, it was per-user and I'd have to create a "Steve-Den" user for it. A small price to pay to not have to re-encode video/add an AC3 track to them.

If you use Theater desktop, that can be done by mpv.