Emby for TerraMaster NAS

Luke

I think these are the two most recent crashes logged I attatched.

@@derrabe Is your nas firmware up to date?

Yes I am running verion 4.0.17 on my F4-210 with online updates turned on 

Do you have the latest emby server version available to you from the store?

derrabe

Do you have the latest emby server version available to you from the store?

Well I downloaded it from the store so I would assume it the latest and greatest why would they give me an older version?  It says my version is 4.1.0.26

Edited by derrabe

Well I downloaded it from the store so I would assume it the latest and greatest why would they give me an older version?  It says my version is 4.1.0.26

Because unfortunately although we submit new versions to TerraMaster right away, they usually take a long time to review and publish them. Have you checked the store for an update?

• Like 1

derrabe

Because unfortunately although we submit new versions to TerraMaster right away, they usually take a long time to review and publish them. Have you checked the store for an update?

I just checked no update available.  I thought that maybe becuaseI had the plex software installed (but not enabled) that maybe there was a conflict.  So I uninstalled Plex and rebooted the nas afterwords and still no go.

Edited by derrabe

hgvandy

I have emailed them a few times asking about when a new release of Emby will be coming and this was their reply:

"As for the new release of Emby server,  it's estimated to launch with our new TOS4.1 system which will be ready at August. I will let you know when the new version is released."

I hope this is true.

We're going to be submitting 4.2.1 to them in the coming days, right after we release that to the general audience.

Is there a way to back door it in instead of waiting for the app store to eventaulget it

Yes but you'll have to SSH. I have given Terramaster feedback that they should allow manual package installations via their web interface like the other NAS platforms, but I'm not sure if they will do it or not.

Instructions are in the first post of this thread, but are not currently complete because it doesn't tell you where to get our Terramaster package file from. I'll update them. Thanks.

I have given Terramaster feedback that they should allow manual package installations via their web interface like the other NAS platforms, but I'm not sure if they will do it or not.

As TerraMaster customers, you guys may want to consider giving them this feedback as well.

8BitErnie

I have given Terramaster feedback that they should allow manual package installations via their web interface like the other NAS platforms, but I'm not sure if they will do it or not.

Terramaster have updated the TOS applications app to allow manual uploads now.

Open 'Applications' > 'Settings' , from there you can manually upload apps.

Terramaster have updated the TOS applications app to allow manual uploads now.

Open 'Applications' > 'Settings' , from there you can manually upload apps.

Excellent, thanks for the tip !

derrabe

Yes but you'll have to SSH. I have given Terramaster feedback that they should allow manual package installations via their web interface like the other NAS platforms, but I'm not sure if they will do it or not.

Instructions are in the first post of this thread, but are not currently complete because it doesn't tell you where to get our Terramaster package file from. I'll update them. Thanks.

So when i go to the Terranas download option it tells me to get it from the app store so what version should I be downloading

So when i go to the Terranas download option it tells me to get it from the app store so what version should I be downloading

Whatever version is in the app store for your model. What options is it giving you?

derrabe

Whatever version is in the app store for your model. What options is it giving you

4.1.0.26 release 4-25-2019 and I ment you told me I could sideload the newest version where do I get it for the terranas.  When I go the link on the first post it tells me to get it from the app store on my nas.

Edited by derrabe

derrabe

I need to update the instructions for side-loading. Thanks.

Please reply to this when you do so I get notified and can try it out.

@@Luke

So we can now manually Install packages over the application, but which file do i have to add there?

realdiehl

@@Luke, pardon my ignorance here... but if we sideload Emby, would we have to manually update it everytime?  Or is there a way to click a button and have it update?

derrabe

@@Luke, pardon my ignorance here... but if we sideload Emby, would we have to manually update it everytime? Or is there a way to click a button and have it update?

My guess is you would have to update it every time there's a new release but I'd rather have the new release than a version that's several behind with problems

realdiehl

My guess is you would have to update it every time there's a new release but I'd rather have the new release than a version that's several behind with problems

I 100% agree with you! I was curious about what I’m getting myself into before I commit to that path. :)

Edited by realdiehl