Emby for TerraMaster NAS

Luke

4 hours ago, Athanor said:

Hello Luke, please, read this Terramaster's forum post: https://forum.terra-master.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=855

They assert you are not using the correct tar format. Maybe it is possible to resolve soon the problem?

See last reply by TMroy » 30 Sep 2020, 22:20

Thank you

We haven't updated to the new tar format for manual installation in the web interface but we will be doing that soon.

Post by TMSupport » Yesterday, 21:59

We have already contacted Emby, They will upload the installation package in TPK format on their website, and users could download and install it in TNAS device directly.
--------------------
Is this an indication that the Terramaster app store is no longer going to support Emby, or be kept current?

1 hour ago, JVRx7 said:

Post by TMSupport » Yesterday, 21:59

We have already contacted Emby, They will upload the installation package in TPK format on their website, and users could download and install it in TNAS device directly.
--------------------
Is this an indication that the Terramaster app store is no longer going to support Emby, or be kept current?

Hi, no, we can still submit to TerraMaster for the store, but now their new TPK format also allows manual installation in the TerraMaster web interface.

We are working on switching to the new TPK packaging format.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, we can still submit to TerraMaster for the store, but now their new TPK format also allows manual installation in the TerraMaster web interface.

We are working on switching to the new TPK packaging format.

Thanks, this is important to me as I'd rather not open up another port to SSH in remotely to do updates. I have one device that is 600 miles away....

FYI: 

We got an email from Terramaster this morning saying they have temporarily removed us from their store because we include Taiwan as an option in the language selection box, and that it's a sensitive political issue for them and non-negotiable.

So yes we'll scramble to submit a new one to them, and hopefully they will release it asap, but if you don't like this then please send them your feedback about it.

• Sad 1

Thank you very much for the effort.

• Is there a release date?
  • And the previous version is not available either, to install or download?

I don't understand the policy to delete it from the store. At least leave the previous version. Today I have just deleted to reinstall, and I have lost the application. 😞

43 minutes ago, Luke said:

FYI: 

We got an email from Terramaster this morning saying they have temporarily removed us from their store because we include Taiwan as an option in the language selection box, and that it's a sensitive political issue for them and non-negotiable.

So yes we'll scramble to submit a new one to them, and hopefully they will release it asap, but if you don't like this then please send them your feedback about it.

send them your feedback about it. --> where?

2 minutes ago, zonocus said:

send them your feedback about it. --> where?

I don't know if they have a support ticket system for users but you could email them at support_us@terra-master.com.

Thank you very much. I will write, at least to ask, how can I install the older version. They should offer some solution or alternative.

I'm going to submit an update to them to change it today, but sometimes they take a little time to review them, so any pressure you can apply to speed them up would be great. Thanks.

• Like 2

Terramaster support wrote to me yesterday.

And yesterday the application appeared in the Store. I have installed it and everything without problems.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news everyone. We've now updated to the new TerraMaster package format that you can install manually using the TerraMaster web interface. Packages can be downloaded from our website:

https://emby.media/download

This means you no longer need to wait for the TerraMaster review process to release our updates, and it means you can participate in testing beta releases if you you'd like to.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the feedback @Luke

I went ahead and tried the install, and I don't know if I did something wrong or not... but I'm still having the same issue after trying both versions because I wanted to use the beta so I could help with testing. Please see below attachments.

Same blocked error message. Screenshot_1.thumb.png.20e055b10ab561cc1048f6255b7b9a21.png

Installed the stable version which I think is the 4.6.7.0 - And still was blocked.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e2c91b2da972ab0577046395699b192d.png

Here is where I installed the emby apk

Screenshot_4.png.e5eb16d0f198ba8d9be80270a54b87f5.png

You can see here I'm Installing the v4.7.0.28 beta but it's says successful but goes right back to the v4.6.7.0 for whatever reason

Screenshot_5.png.c6cf9b0cb332f29048e572c938e91ed1.png

So please let me know what I might be doing wrong and thanks again for all the help.

So, I just checked Emby on my cell phone (the android app) and on the Nvidia Shield and both are showing the installed 4.7.0.28 beta version of Emby but it's not reflecting on the Terramaster for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, STR8 said:

No but I just tried that, and it was a no go for me but thanks for that information 👍  

Using a web browser instead of TOS will work just fine. This is due to the way the web app is rendered from inside the TOS interface and it needs adjustment following the new TOS release. 

But using the web app standalone without going through TOS will be just fine.

Just now, STR8 said:

That actually did work I was able to get into the web app @emdubya77 and Luke

Thanks. And regarding the issue of access within TOS, we are looking into it and will submit an updated package to them as soon as we've resolved it.

• Thanks 1

The 4.6.7 packages have been updated with a fix if you'd like to manually install from our website:

https://emby.media/download

We'll be submitting this to TerraMaster as well so you can also wait for the update in TOS. Thanks.

smartinezpu

La ultima actualizacion de Emby a traves de aplicaciones no funciona. No elimina las bibliotecas pero es como si no tuviera permisos para leerlas.

He tenido que volver a la 4.6 instalandolo de forma manual, y aunque parece funcionar correctamente, el cartel de EMBY PREMIERE aunque estoy suscripto esta permanentemente presente.

Es necesario revisar esta versión. Creo que en el post ya se hace referencia al tema pero no se si se ha llegado a alguna solucion. 

De momento sigo con la 4.6 pero en el servidor web aparece como si no estuviera registrado. En la aplicacion cliente parece que funciona correctamente

Gracias de antemano

Edited by smartinezpu