Emby for TerraMaster NAS

Luke

realdiehl

TerraMaster instructions on the website are updated:

https://emby.media/download

Thanks guys.

Hey @@Luke!  Thank you so much for doing that.  I attempted to upload it, but ran into a snag.  The Terramaster NAS is looking for a TPK or BZ2 file.  I don't have enough knowledge with Linux to convert (and I don't trust the online converters).  Can you assist?  Thanks for everything!

You could try renaming it. Sorry I haven't actually tested this process myself. I just assumed it would accept the same files we are already uploading to TerraMaster. I'll have to ask them for guidance on this. 

The first post also has instructions for the previous manual install method. That will still work, but you'll have to know how to ssh into the device.

Hi, I don't see any ''settings'' option in Applications window

5d48b11397e2c_Capture.jpg

See recent responses. It was a recent addition so you'll need to have the latest TerraMaster software updates. Also it's possible that TerraMaster is not supporting this for all models. If you can't install from the web interface then you can always use the ssh-based instructions from the first post of this topic.

And of course, we'll be submitting 4.2.1 to them this week. 

realdiehl

Hi, I don't see any ''settings'' option in Applications window

5d48b11397e2c_Capture.jpg

Hi @@pcdery!  I don't know if this is helpful or not, but this is what I show.  I am currently running TOS 4.0.17 on a TerraMaster F4-220.  You may want to check your TOS software to see if there is an update available.  I don't believe that setting was there until I updated it.

5d4c6a7d63199_Capture.png

@@Luke... as per my comment above, this is what it shows when I try to upload the file.  You will note it is looking for a tpk or bz2 file.  I realize this doesn't change your steps going forward, I just thought you would like to see what we see since you don't have one of these boxes in front of you.  Note:  I did try to click the drop down box to choose "All Files (*.*)".  It allowed me to choose your xz file, but it gave me an error message.  This is why I believe it will only accept a tpk or bz2 file.  Hope that's helpful!

5d4c6b82ca455_Capture2.png

derrabe

Hi @@pcdery!  I don't know if this is helpful or not, but this is what I show.  I am currently running TOS 4.0.17 on a TerraMaster F4-220.  You may want to check your TOS software to see if there is an update available.  I don't believe that setting was there until I updated it.

5d4c6a7d63199_Capture.png

@@Luke... as per my comment above, this is what it shows when I try to upload the file.  You will note it is looking for a tpk or bz2 file.  I realize this doesn't change your steps going forward, I just thought you would like to see what we see since you don't have one of these boxes in front of you.  Note:  I did try to click the drop down box to choose "All Files (*.*)".  It allowed me to choose your xz file, but it gave me an error message.  This is why I believe it will only accept a tpk or bz2 file.  Hope that's helpful!

5d4c6b82ca455_Capture2.png

I would like to point out I tried converting the file to one of those two formats and both failed.   I also tried back dooring it in with ssh and after a few tweeks to the command (mostly file name corrections)  It looked like it installed but I could not get to the web settings page and I dont show it installed on the NAS webpage either.

Edited by derrabe

I will have our TerraMaster developer review the package upload in the web interface and see what we can do there.

Also we've submitted Emby Server 4.2.1 to TerraMaster, so hopefully that will be available very soon. They actually emailed us asking for our latest version, so hopefully that's a good sign that they'll publish it pretty quickly. Thanks.

zachattack83

What directory on the tnas should I place the file in before I extract it? And do I need to uninstall the current one that was installed from the app store before doing so?

Edited by zachattack83

derrabe

What directory on the tnas should I place the file in before I extract it? And do I need to uninstall the current one that was installed from the app store before doing so?

On my 210 root logon was your admin password.   But also I had to point it to port 9222 for ssh.   I uninstalled and followed the directions on the first post on this thread.   I never did get it to work though and just backed out the change hoping that we get a bz2 or tpk file soon

Edited by derrabe

zachattack83

Thanks derrabe. I've got that far so far lol.

I just got it installed, removed the old one first, and now I am doing a restart on it to finalize all the updates as per its request.

Kept all my libraries from the app store install too. So thats good. Maybe now I'll get my monies worth out of my premiere membership!

derrabe

Thanks derrabe. I've got that far so far lol.

I just got it installed, removed the old one first, and now I am doing a restart on it to finalize all the updates as per its request.

Kept all my libraries from the app store install too. So thats good. Maybe now I'll get my monies worth out of my premiere membership!

Let me know if you get it working and I will try again.

zachattack83

Its working. My cinema mode, however, still is not working. But it is playing movies and letting me browse the dashboard no problem.

derrabe

Scratch that, cinema mode is now working.

what web port are you using to get to the console? and did you use arm64 or x64?

Edited by derrabe

zachattack83

I uninstalled the existing one from the app store.
Restarted the tnas.
Used winspc to move the file "emby-server-terramaster_4.2.1.0_x86_64.tar.xz" (the x64) to the root folder
Logged in using putty on port 9222
Installed emby

Started service
Waited about 5 minutes for the emby to actually start.
 --- I kept trying to go to the automatic url from the previous emby, but I actually had to type a new one in from scratch "192.168.1.31:8096" and then it loaded up.

Then I restarted emby to finalize it, and now its working great. (so far!)

derrabe

I uninstalled the existing one from the app store.

Restarted the tnas.

Used winspc to move the file "emby-server-terramaster_4.2.1.0_x86_64.tar.xz" (the x64) to the root folder

Logged in using putty on port 9222

Installed emby

Started service

Waited about 5 minutes for the emby to actually start.

--- I kept trying to go to the automatic url from the previous emby, but I actually had to type a new one in from scratch "192.168.1.31:8096" and then it loaded up.

Then I restarted emby to finalize it, and now its working great. (so far!)

i keep getting unable to connect messages on port 8096 pageis this what you were getting while you waited for it to fully start?

zachattack83

When I tried to use the existing url, it kept saying 404 not found.

However, when I started it from scratch again, it said "emby server is loading, please try again" or something close to that. Was no connection issue messages on the new address.

Can you post a screen shot of your browser window?

derrabe

Did you try rebooting the tnas after the install and see if that makes a difference?

I will try that now, I did not reboot it the first time.  The install seemed almost instantaous did your goes that quick too?

Edited by derrabe

derrabe

ya, it installs really quick.

Did you restart after you uninstalled the version from the app "store"?

A few times I have not had the app store version installed for about 2 weeks now trying to back door the newest version in