Emby for TerraMaster NAS

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

The build in the first post have been updated, thanks.

@@Kyouma

The latest build comes with an exciting improvement - VA API hardware transcoding support.

Important - when enabling this you may need to update the the VA API device setting to it's new default value:

/dev/dri/renderD128

Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

Is there any update on when we can expect to see emby in the Terramaster app store?

I have the F2-420 and for a NAS it's a powerful little machine, the only downside is its lack of decent apps.

No, we've already submitted to terramaster a while ago and are stuck waiting on them to test and approve.

In the meantime the manual install is not too difficult.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that it's been submitted to Terramaster, the next firmware update is in beta so fingers crossed Emby might make it into the final firmware update.

I'm not very confident on installing manually so I'll have to wait. Really looking forward to getting it running though!

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you write those cmds?:

scp embyserver-terramaster-x64-%version%.tar.xz root@%nas_ip%:~/

ssh root@nas_ip

cd /

tar -xf ~/embyserver-terramaster-x64-%version%.tar.xz

service emby-server start

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Great news. Emby Server for TerraMaster is finally in the TerraMaster app store for download. Unfortunately it took so long to get through their review process that the version in their store is a little out of date now.

We will always submit new versions immediately after release and hopefully going forward they will be approved quicker. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

It works well for me too, nice job to Emby Team. 

Next step is the app on the Vewd App store (OperaTV). I have a Sharp Smart Tv but only plex available. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, im glad this popped up. I was about to drop some coin for a supported NAS.  Just noticed it today.  It took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't install correctly from the store, the device needs to be updated first before any new things on the store can be installed.

• 5 months later...
carefree1727

I used the terramaster to setup my account, but am having problems setting it up (adding scanning etc  could you please delete my account ASAP  I am 72 yrs old and just don't get it  Sorry   Thanks in advance.

carefree1727

I just don't understand how to get my movies, tv shows etc to my emby library. Is there a step by step guide some where ? Thanks

• 1 month later...

For those who would like Emby updated on TerraMaster, we've been trying to release updates but there are extremely long delays in the TerraMaster review process.

If you don't mind, please email TerraMaster support and ask them to update Emby for TerraMaster.

sales@terra-master.com

Thanks !

• 6 months later...
hgvandy

I have Emby loaded on my TerraMaster F2-420. I am mainly using Emby for IPTV and accessing pics and movies from my hard drive. The interface and functionality is amazing, but utilizing IPTV for an hour or even less, channel guides load still, but when I click a channel, I get a spinning wheel for long periods of time and then the channel will not load. If I restart Emby or the Server itself, everything works great again. I keep checking resources and it is definitely not overloading.

I contacted TerraMaster and they said they have not received any updates from Emby for review. 

Are you guys planning any new releases?

I have Emby loaded on my TerraMaster F2-420. I am mainly using Emby for IPTV and accessing pics and movies from my hard drive. The interface and functionality is amazing, but utilizing IPTV for an hour or even less, channel guides load still, but when I click a channel, I get a spinning wheel for long periods of time and then the channel will not load. If I restart Emby or the Server itself, everything works great again. I keep checking resources and it is definitely not overloading.

I contacted TerraMaster and they said they have not received any updates from Emby for review. 

Are you guys planning any new releases?

Yes we are. Please see how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

• 3 months later...
derrabe

Sorry to bring back a zombie thread.   I just got a Terra Nas and installed Emby from the app store.  As soon as you try to play any video on it it spins (roku and andriod tried so far) for about 2 -3 seconds then give you an error.  When I go to the NAS website the emby service is no longer running.  Any help would be awesome

Sorry to bring back a zombie thread.   I just got a Terra Nas and installed Emby from the app store.  As soon as you try to play any video on it it spins (roku and andriod tried so far) for about 2 -3 seconds then give you an error.  When I go to the NAS website the emby service is no longer running.  Any help would be awesome

Hi there @@derrabe let's look at an example. Please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.