Emby for TerraMaster NAS

Luke

3 hours ago, smartinezpu said:

La ultima actualizacion de Emby a traves de aplicaciones no funciona. No elimina las bibliotecas pero es como si no tuviera permisos para leerlas.

He tenido que volver a la 4.6 instalandolo de forma manual, y aunque parece funcionar correctamente, el cartel de EMBY PREMIERE aunque estoy suscripto esta permanentemente presente.

Es necesario revisar esta versión. Creo que en el post ya se hace referencia al tema pero no se si se ha llegado a alguna solucion. 

De momento sigo con la 4.6 pero en el servidor web aparece como si no estuviera registrado. En la aplicacion cliente parece que funciona correctamente

Gracias de antemano

Hi, please try what I suggested here:

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JVRx7 said:

TerraMaster TOS 5 Global Open Beta Test has been announced, is Emby ready for TOS 5 testing?

We will certainly look to support their new TOS. Right now we are just trying to help users climb out of the mess that they've created with the updates they've been pushing :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, they've been scrambling to plug holes & educate users on secure configurations as a result of ransomware attacks. 

I can't help but remember when microsoft turned "everything" on in windoz to cut down on support calls, only to turn almost everything "off" to keep others "out"... 

I "earned" my gray & white hair..... 🤕

• 1 year later...
charlyp
On 9/14/2017 at 9:36 PM, Luke said:

Download & Installation

https://emby.media/download

Hi,

Can I use this "new" method to UPDATE the Emby installation I already have running on my Terramaster since it was installed from the store a few years back? Is there something I need to do first to prevent any data loss? I think I would get mad if the media library was reset or something similar 😃 

Is the following the right way to do it:

1. stop the Emby server;
  2. install the new version downloaded from the Emby website;
  3. start the server.

Thanks,

Ch.

12 hours ago, charlyp said:

Hi,

Can I use this "new" method to UPDATE the Emby installation I already have running on my Terramaster since it was installed from the store a few years back? Is there something I need to do first to prevent any data loss? I think I would get mad if the media library was reset or something similar 😃 

Is the following the right way to do it:

1. stop the Emby server;
  2. install the new version downloaded from the Emby website;
  3. start the server.

Thanks,

Ch.

Hi, yes you can. Are you on the latest version that the store offers?

charlyp
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes you can. Are you on the latest version that the store offers?

Hey Luke,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm on version 4.7.8.0 which is the one available on the store. The previous updates were proposed directly from the Emby server itself, asking to just restart, but now it says "A new version (4.7.13.0) is available. Please shutdown the Emby server and install the latest version". 

To install the update manually, should I use the 'Install application manually‘ option from the store app then browse to the TPK file?

Ch.

On 6/20/2023 at 4:05 AM, charlyp said:

Hey Luke,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm on version 4.7.8.0 which is the one available on the store. The previous updates were proposed directly from the Emby server itself, asking to just restart, but now it says "A new version (4.7.13.0) is available. Please shutdown the Emby server and install the latest version". 

To install the update manually, should I use the 'Install application manually‘ option from the store app then browse to the TPK file?

Ch.

Hi, yes you can do that to update immediately, or wait for TerraMaster to publish the update. Unfortunately you just never know with them how long they'll take.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Luke,

I was wondering if TerraMaster even publish updates anymore because I'm on emby version 4.7.9.0 I know it's been super long since I updated but I never see any update in the TNAS.

image.thumb.png.04ba02222f05f679da1fa3432b7eb947.png

1 hour ago, STR8 said:

Hey Luke,

I was wondering if TerraMaster even publish updates anymore because I'm on emby version 4.7.9.0 I know it's been super long since I updated but I never see any update in the TNAS.

image.thumb.png.04ba02222f05f679da1fa3432b7eb947.png

Yea I'll have to find out what the holdup is because have submitted updates to them. They're just not published yet for whatever reason.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Still no word on this from Terramaster @Luke

We're working on it. I'll let you know more when I know more. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
STR8

Good Day

It's been so long since I had updated my Emby server manually and was wondering if you could give me direction as to where the emby update file should be uploaded in my Terramaster.

Thanks in advance.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:57 PM, STR8 said:

Good Day

It's been so long since I had updated my Emby server manually and was wondering if you could give me direction as to where the emby update file should be uploaded in my Terramaster.

Thanks in advance.

Are you on TOS5? There is a function in the Terramaster web interface to manually upload a package file.