dansblackcat
Go to solution Solved by dansblackcat,

dansblackcat

My friend (Jake) has his own Emby username and I've added him to my server.  This was working fine up until maybe about a week ago when I noticed the server dashboard was showing that I (Dan) was watching

a movie that I actually wasn't playing.  Then over the next few days I noticed that my "continue watching" list was full of tv episodes and movies that I hadn't been watching at all.

So it turns out when Jake watches something on his XBOX One App the server is actually saying that I am watching it. 

Server:  3.2.30.0

We're not on the same network, he connects remotely.

Dashboard says:

Dan has started playing *movie*

App: Emby Theater, Device: Windows

Is this a bug or have I got a setting wrong somewhere?

dansblackcat

I'd tend to agree that he is logged in as Dan.  Not sure how as he doesn't know my password.

He logged in from two devices at the same time which seems to have caused the issue.

He originally logged in via the Xbox One app and it was working fine for weeks.  Then while logged into the Xbox he also logged in on a macbook via the emby website.  This too worked fine.

But now the Xbox appears to be connecting as Dan and he say's hes changed absolutely nothing.

His young kids mainly use the Xbox so maybe they've payed with something and accidentally made a change?

Still not sure how'd they connect without my password?

I haven't seen any Jake events in the log but he hasn't used it over the last two days.  I'll get him to log in on both and see if I can still see both users.

Edited by dansblackcat

legallink

Or you may be thinking about your connect username and password. Does your emby server user have a password as well? If he logs out and gets to the login screen, he might not need your password to log in as you if your emby server user doesn't have a password.

• Like 1

• Solution
dansblackcat

Or you may be thinking about your connect username and password. Does your emby server user have a password as well? If he logs out and gets to the login screen, he might not need your password to log in as you if your emby server user doesn't have a password.

Ahh I think you could be right about the connect username.  I didn't realize there were two different passwords to set up.

Seems a bit strange that everyone can log in and out of each others profiles.

I set up a password but every time I started EMC it asks for my password which is annoying on a IR remote.  So instead I just selected the "hide this user from login screens" feature.

Thanks for your help everyone.

• Like 1

There are only two passwords if you use the Emby Connect link feature to an existing local user on your server.

If you instead use the Add Guest feature, then all they can use is their Emby Connect login.

• Like 1

dansblackcat

That's what I did wrong.  I just had my friends create a user account and them added them to Emby server, but not as a guest.