Folder Sync - Most Recent?

K22R8CT

From the Home Screen I clicked Latest Movies then Download to create a Sync Job with Item limit: 20. I expected this to maintain a sync'd/converted list of the 20 most recent movies but it doesn't work - new movies aren't added unless I delete the old ones. Have I done it wrong?

Is it possible to create a sync job for most recent Movies? What about TV Shows?

Hi, once it goes over 20 synced then it is expected behavior. Is this what you're seeing?

Yes, it is possible, just click the download buttons next to the Latest sections.

If by "it" you mean replacement then no. I'll give you an example to explain what I'm seeing:

• Assume movies (A, B, C, D) are the most recently-added movies in my library
  • I create a sync job from Latest Movies with limit 4 and it syncs A, B, C and D (so far so good)
  • I add movie E to my collection - the list of movies in the sync job does not change
  • I add movie F to my collection - the list of movies in the sync job does not change
  • I delete movie B and the list of movies in the sync job updates to include F which is then sync'd, resulting in: A, C, D, F
Edited by Anon28109

Darn. I just got done transitioning from Plex (impressed so far) but that's a deal-breaker.

I used "X most recent" for sharing a limited list of optimized movies with friends. It worked automatically on Plex. For Emby I'd have to add/remove manually, which is no fun.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Anon28109

We do have auto-remove once it is marked watched, and if you check the box to include unwatched only. We just don't have auto-remove solely on the basis that it is not the latest anymore.

Interesting but that would be based on whether I watched the movie (vs the friends I make it available to) wouldn't it?

Even that wouldn't work because I created a special user just for sync jobs with "always play subtitles" set so that optimized movies have subtitles available (and I could avoid having to disable them manually every time I watch something.) My point is that user never "watches" anything.

Complicated, but again thanks for your help.