Strange issue with Emby for apple tv (4th gen)

all4dom
Go to solution Solved by all4dom,

I started my apple tv and clicked on emby. It came on but when I went to select an episode to watch, nothing happened. So I restarted the apple tv & after clicking on emby, all it does is say starting up, but it never logs in. So i rebooted the apple tv & it did the same thing. I deleted the emby app & re downloaded it & I get the same thing, starting up, but it just stays on starting up.

server-63640686357.txt

Hi.  Is this working now?

Our data center in Atlanta had a power outage at one point yesterday due to Irma but it came back up and appears to be functioning fine now.

Ok I deleted the app & reinstalled it. It says it could not find my server on the network & is asking for server name or emby connect. I put my server name & it says it can't find it.

Sounds a lot like some sort of network issue on the device itself.

If you got to the server connection screen then you were able to get past the issue you were having before (which smelled like something blocking access).

If it is wireless, try moving closer to AP just to see if there is a difference.  Also ensure your server is accessible from another device.

Ok I deleted the app & reinstalled it. It says it could not find my server on the network & is asking for server name or emby connect. I put my server name & it says it can't find it.i entered the lan & it said it could not find it.

• Solution

I have it working. I had to reset firewall & enter server name manually. Then I setup winfirwall to allow emby. I must have dis something when I setup emby connect Sunday night.

• Like 1