Password for a specific folder

spiritwarrior

spiritwarrior

Hi,

I will like to know if in future updates you guys could add this feature "password for a specific folder"

I have one folder with wallpapers: nature, cars, but also adult one.. so... will be nice to have a password.

So everyone will see the general folder "wallpapers" and access to all sub-folders (cars , nature etc. , except "Adult" folder where you need a password.)

Regards,

Spirit

Deathsquirrel

You can already do this.  Set you user accounts to not see all libraries.  Don't assign the users that shouldn't see it access to the adult content library.  Put a password on the account with that access.

darkassassin07

There is currently no way to do this within a library, you will have to separate your adult content into separate libraries and limit access to those libraries for users your don't want viewing it.

• Like 2

There is currently no way to do this within a library, you will have to separate your adult content into separate libraries and limit access to those libraries for users your don't want viewing it.

You can do it at the content level using the Parental control system and ratings.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

You can do it at the content level using the Parental control system and ratings.

Yes, if you'd rather keep things in the same library you could set a parental rating for the contents of the adult folder and set all the accounts that shouldn't see its contents to a lower maximum parental rating.  You'd just need to set the rating for that folder manually kn the metadata manager since your photos won't have that in their source info.

I like splitting content into separate libraries based on who needs access and using library controls but I also layer on parental controls.  For example my movies are broken out into folders for each user if only that user will watch it or a family folder if multiple people want to see it.  Each of those folders is its own library and each user has access to their library plus the family library.  On top of that the users have parental controls based on ratings so the smaller kids can't see the R-rated stuff that's in the family library.  With this setup all I have to think about when adding more content is how many people want to see kt.  If the answer is 1 it goes into the user folder and if it's more than one, the family folder.

Edited by Deathsquirrel
  • Like 1

spiritwarrior

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I think for now I will create a separate library and chose who can see that folder user by user.

But I still think it will be a great feature to see it in the future, where you can put a password to any folder or sub-folder.

Regards,

Spirit