Live TV - Allow custom recording by keyword

eriberg

• 1 year later...
jfgilliam

Please expand this to search in other fields like, "Show Name", "Network(s)", "Channel(s)", "Actor(s)", "Season(s)", as well as "Title".

• 2 years later...
Steveo369

Yes, having recently retired WMC for an entirely Emby experience, I would greatly appreciate seeing the ability to set up recording series based upon Keywords. 

Particularly needed for sporting events.  I.e. a keyword recording series for "NFL Football Seattle" routinely and almost 100% reliably recorded Seattle Seahawk football games under WMC.  These are much tougher to (remember to) schedule manually, and I don't want to record all of the NFL Football as a Series recording.  I used similar routines for MLS Soccer and Formula 1 races...  This particular request has been kicking around longer than this 2017 Feature Request post suggests..  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
MBSki

@Luke Any chance this can be added to the current beta? My Plex has stopped working so I'm in the process of moving my recordings to Emby, but this feature is sadly missing.

• 9 months later...

Keyword-based recordings will be landing in the server beta channel in the next build. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MBSki
Just now, Luke said:

Keyword-based recordings will be landing in the server beta channel in the next build. Thanks.

That's awesome, thanks Luke!

• 3 weeks later...
MBSki

@Luke The next build is out 4.8.0.5, but I can't figure out how to create a keyword-based recording. How do we use this feature?

8 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@Luke The next build is out 4.8.0.5, but I can't figure out how to create a keyword-based recording. How do we use this feature?

What did you try?

image.png

MBSki
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

What did you try?

image.png

I went to Programs and Guide and didn't see anything. I just went to recordings too and it wasn't there either UNTIL I flipped my phone to landscape mode. Can you add a + on the left in portrait mode in mobile? All the other functions are represented except for Create Recording.

MBSki

Ok, I set one up for Today as the title keyword and set it to once instead of recurring. It instead created as recurring and it's not showing up in Series so I can't cancel it. 

Is there a manual way to cancel it?

MBSki

Actually, where are these recurring keyword "series"? I don't see where to edit any of the ones Ive created.

gillmacca01

A couple of questions.

Is the keyword recording for the current listings, or does it check everytime the listings are updated?

If its the latter, can I set up a keyword recording by show name for something that may not air for a couple of months?

2 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

A couple of questions.

Is the keyword recording for the current listings, or does it check everytime the listings are updated?

If its the latter, can I set up a keyword recording by show name for something that may not air for a couple of months?

That's your choice depending on how you set it up.

• 2 months later...

The 4.8 release will have the WMC-like preview I've been wanting to add, so that when you setup the recording you can get an idea of what items will match your keyword:

image.png

• Like 2