Keyboard Shortcuts - Android TV

pir8radio

pir8radio

Hi, I thought I asked this somewhere, but forgot...     @@ebr can you list the keyboard shortcuts that work with the android OS/emby?  Or do you tie to android only inputs?    Im using FLIRC so that I can use my original DirecTv remotes with the android box.  It allows me to map keyboard keys to the remote buttons.   I'm wondering if I'm forgetting any cool things. 

It would be nice to have a few "shortcuts" added if they are not there...    Like guide, info, record (one press show, two press record series) being the top three, but all of the "options" in the onscreen menu when you hit the down button.  :)  The ability to use the number keys for channel entry would be nice too..  As well as the Page Up and Page Down for the guide.

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

pir8radio

Forum did something strange, This post was an accident.. lol  If any admins run across this post please delete.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Here is the FLIRC command file if anyone else would like to use DirecTV Genie Remotes (RC72, RC73 or any other DTV Remote) with their Android TV/Emby Install.  Buttons that work are Guide (by using the android menu button), Info (brings up OSD that's it you still have to navigate to "I"), Play/Pause, skip forward, skip backwards, Skip to End, D-PAD, Menu (android Home).   Power button shuts off TV and sends Android TV to home page, leaving it powered on. I did this so an auto start app could start emby right back up after a wake.

FLIRC_AndroidTv_Emby_DirecTV_Remote_v1.zip

Edited by pir8radio

• 8 months later...
lazyboy0172

not sure if it's best to ressurect this  old topic or post a new one, but I'm also interested in knowing the keyboard shortcuts to Emby and if they work in Emby for Android. I have a harmony remote connected to my Shield TV and I would really like to take advantage of extra buttons of a 'keyboard' versus the barebones Shield remote. Are there any keyboard shortcuts for toggling watched, audio offset, subtitles, return to emby's 'home', or others I'm not thinking of? Just trying to fill out a remote with lots more buttons than 'menu, directions, select, forward/reverse, play/pause.

Any suggestions?

not sure if it's best to ressurect this  old topic or post a new one, but I'm also interested in knowing the keyboard shortcuts to Emby and if they work in Emby for Android. I have a harmony remote connected to my Shield TV and I would really like to take advantage of extra buttons of a 'keyboard' versus the barebones Shield remote. Are there any keyboard shortcuts for toggling watched, audio offset, subtitles, return to emby's 'home', or others I'm not thinking of? Just trying to fill out a remote with lots more buttons than 'menu, directions, select, forward/reverse, play/pause.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, no because 99% of users would never be able to use them :).

The app will respond to controller buttons though and things like ff/rew and menu.

• Like 1