No titles in DLNA after upgrade from Jessie to stretch

Scrubsss

Scrubsss

Hey @@Luke

Any updates on the whireshark caps i send you?.

Did you notice anything different between the two server versions?

I'm back from my vacation now and happy to help where i can.

Greetings and Happy Easter

Yea i have, I just haven't been able to find the difference between them yet.

akarpych

Hello! I also have a problem. Installed a new version of Raspbian. Through BubbleUpnp all folders and files are visible, and Samsung TV does not see the files. TV series F, H, JU. Is there a problem with the profiles?

Scrubsss

@@Luke Ok thats strange.

But we both agree that there is a commit between the two versions that bricked this functionality right?

I had a quick look over the commits between the versions but couldn't find anything obvious, but thats likley because i am not much into programming.

But i am able to run the source in Visual Studio.

I got the latest dev version to run in Release mode in VS.

So if you maybe have some patches for me i can test them immediately on my TV to debug this.

I hope that helps a bit.

Greetings

Ps. And you can also see that a bunch of people have the same problem so i'm not the only one.

But we both agree that there is a commit between the two versions that bricked this functionality right?

I don't necessarily agree, rather I'm just not sure at the moment. I have a 2014 Samsung for testing that is able to display the content.

Scrubsss

Wich model is it?

Both of my TVs are 2012/2013.

I dont know what else i can do to help.

But for sure there are a bunch of people that are having this issue after 3.2.26.

Also just to let you know the 2 TVs are in to completly seperate networks.

One is in my house and one at my friends house. Both same issue.

Could there be other interference with upnp servers?

We both got a AVM FritzBox wich is running upnp.

Edited by Scrubsss

Scrubsss

@@Luke

Got a used TV today.

It's a UE40H5510

With latest software: T-MST12DEUC-2880.2 

Its completly reset.

Screenshot attached of what it looks like.

So now i have 3 TVs that are not working with emby over DLNA

This is my list now

Model: UE40ES6300

Software: T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0

Model: UE40F6500

Software: T-MST12DEUC-2126.0

Model: UE40H5510

Software: T-MST12DEUC-2880.2 

So we can see E , F and H Series are all not working

post-220699-0-85365800-1524495923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrubsss

Scrubsss

@@Luke

Update

This commit destroys the functionality: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/7f88fce137ddb77843706aef1ff809fa0b1f2ff7

Is that helping you?

Edit:

I think I found the change that is causing the issues. I reverted my code base back to the commit that is breaking the DLNA discovery service for me (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/7f88fce137ddb77843706aef1ff809fa0b1f2ff7)

and changed back the line 540 (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/7f88fce137ddb77843706aef1ff809fa0b1f2ff7#diff-5d3872849a12318e37a2b1bb42c15e68R540). After this change (and nothing else) it is working fine again.

This fix does however not work for the latest master code base of the repository but definately fixes 3.2.27.0 for me and my TV. Hope this helps you a bit more.

Edited by Scrubsss

Thanks for the investigation. I suspected it was that commit, the problem is there's nothing obvious there about how it would affect dlna.

You said you tried this on a new server install. What kind of libraries did you setup with the new server?

Scrubsss

Hey @@Luke. Thanks for the quick reply.
Like I said above, I not only found the commit (7f88fce137ddb77843706aef1ff809fa0b1f2ff7) but actually the specific line/change that breaks it (line 540 in the file `Emby.Dlna/ContentDirectory/ControlHandler.cs`) as can be seen on this link (which links to the specific line): https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/7f88fce137ddb77843706aef1ff809fa0b1f2ff7#diff-5d3872849a12318e37a2b1bb42c15e68R540 . Change it back from `PresetViews = new string[] { },` to `PresetViews = new[] { CollectionType.Movies, CollectionType.TvShows },`, run the server, add a media library and everything works fine again.

I tried with a movie library with just one movie in it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on this.

About the new server install. Yes, I tried all that and of course used a fresh library. The thing is that this obviously is not correlated to the problem described in this thread at all. I can tell because I ran everyone of the commits between version 3.2.26.0 and 3.2.27.0 in a dev envrionment in Visual Studio until the functionality started to break. Then I cleaned the repository to make sure that only a change of the line affects it. And yes, I also tried the current master branch of the open github repository. So I think a new server install isn't problem oriented at all in this case.

Hope I could clear a few things up and thank you for you patience and hard work on this lovely project!

Great investigation, thanks. Now to find out the end result of what difference that creates in upnp didl output, because I'd prefer to avoid setting that property back to the old way.

panosl

I'm having the same issue on

SAMSUNG UE46EH6030

It shows the top folders but no content. Works fine when viewing it from iOS VLC etc.

Problem is I'm on a macOS, so I can't try the windows build @@Scrubsss is suggesting.

Scrubsss
@@panosl You could set up a Windows VM in VirtualBox and test the server there.

It is important that you set the virtual machine from NAT to network bridge.

The Windows 10 ISO is available directly from Microsoft.

Or you compile the server yourself.

@@Luke Thanks, I'm doing my best, but it might take a little while because it's all new to me. I'll be back home in two days and try to analyze the problem further.  I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Scrubsss

• 10 months later...

Hello Guys,

DLNA dont work on Samsung TV since weeks. I have several Samstung TV. But not al TVs work with emby. Other DLNA Server (TV Mosaic) work like a charme.

HELP

Hello Guys,

DLNA dont work on Samsung TV since weeks. I have several Samstung TV. But not al TVs work with emby. Other DLNA Server (TV Mosaic) work like a charme.

HELP

Hi there @@newby, please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !